Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Username and Password

Username and Password

kipper

I used a friends computer to show him something on a site I am
registered with. I loggod into this site as normal usng my username
and password but did not tick the box which says remember me. The
following day he was logging on to one of his own regular sites and he
was given the option of his own or my username. Can anyone tell me how
to stop this happening please?

Desk Rabbit

On 27/10/2010 11:07, kipper wrote:
> I used a friends computer to show him something on a site I am
> registered with. I loggod into this site as normal usng my username
> and password but did not tick the box which says remember me. The
> following day he was logging on to one of his own regular sites and he
> was given the option of his own or my username. Can anyone tell me how
> to stop this happening please?

Depends on the browser but deleting all the history and cookies should
do it.

For example in IE8 Tools/Internet Options/Browsing history. Click delete
and tick the boxes.

You friend may not thank you for deleting all his/her carefully
remembered passwords though!

In future use a portable app.

Meat Plow

On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 03:07:37 -0700, kipper wrote:

> I used a friends computer to show him something on a site I am
> registered with. I loggod into this site as normal usng my username and
> password but did not tick the box which says remember me. The following
> day he was logging on to one of his own regular sites and he was given
> the option of his own or my username. Can anyone tell me how to stop
> this happening please?

Check the browser for a feature to show and delete stored passwords.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

kipper wrote:

> I used a friends computer to show him something on a site I am
> registered with. I loggod into this site as normal usng my username
> and password but did not tick the box which says remember me. The
> following day he was logging on to one of his own regular sites and
> he was given the option of his own or my username. Can anyone tell me
> how to stop this happening please?

Also, he can probably use his arrow keys to highlight your name in the
dropdown, and press the Delete key to remove it from the selection.

Reason it occurs? All input form fields using the same name value will
show all the choices that have been used for a field of that name. Ex:

<input name="username" ... >

--
-bts

Peter Foldes

OS is ??????

--
Peter
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Peter Foldes wrote:

> OS is ??????

OS is what? And why would it matter a hill o' beans?

--
-bts

Mike Easter

kipper wrote:
> I used a friends computer to show him something on a site I am
> registered with. I loggod into this site as normal usng my username
> and password but did not tick the box which says remember me. The
> following day he was logging on to one of his own regular sites and he
> was given the option of his own or my username. Can anyone tell me how
> to stop this happening please?

Your question is ambiguous to me.

Are you asking...

- how your friend should remedy the insignificant problem of your user
appearing in the field?

- how you can prevent that problem from happening in the future if you
use someone else's computer to do something?

- how you can configure your own browser about its security settings
in that regard, both user and pass?

You didn't specify - what browser and v. your friend uses -or- what
browser you use.

--
Mike Easter

anyone

On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 12:00:43 -0400, Peter Foldes wrote:

> OS is ??????

....a pair of capital letters.

(you're welcome)

Desk Rabbit

On 27/10/2010 17:00, Peter Foldes wrote:
> OS is ??????

Irrelevant