Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: ISP Cancel Now what?

Re: ISP Cancel Now what?

Meat Plow

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 15:38:26 -0500, philo wrote:

> My ISP is no longer providing DSL in may area effective the end of next
> month.
>
> No big deal I thought. I have an AT&T land line, I'll just sign up for
> AT&T DSL.
>
> Went to sign up on-line but it's impossible to do if you presently have
> DSL. Of course if I didn't have DSL I'd not be able to sign up on-line.
>
> Sheesh
>
> So I called them and after a half hour or so of asking questions... the
> bottom line is that I *cannot* sign up for AT&T DSL if I currently have
> a DSL provider. I'll have to let it lapse then sign up.
>
> They could not tell me how long I'd have to wait to get new service...
> they said it might be four days or so.
>

> Aargh!!!!

Yup 4 days sounds about right to switch their DSLAM around and provision
your line. Sucks.

Hot-Text

My is 411

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 10/26/2010 10:44 PM, Evan Platt wrote:
>> On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 16:38:02 -0500, philo<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Yeah
>>>
>>> Damn I never knew I was so addicted that a few days without service
>>> would **** me off
>>>

>>> I guess I can deal with it

>> Certainly you have a... ahem.. local provider of WiFi internet
>> services - you know, "public" or "Netgear" or "linksys".

> There is one unsecured network in my wireless range.
>
> Which reminds me, one of my neighbors uses their street address as their
> ID
>

> gosh

Mike Yetto

philo <(E-Mail Removed)> writes and having writ moves on.
>On 10/26/2010 10:44 PM, Evan Platt wrote:
>> On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 16:38:02 -0500, philo<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Yeah
>>>
>>> Damn I never knew I was so addicted that a few days without service
>>> would **** me off
>>>

>>> I guess I can deal with it

>> Certainly you have a... ahem.. local provider of WiFi internet
>> services - you know, "public" or "Netgear" or "linksys".

>There is one unsecured network in my wireless range.

>Which reminds me, one of my neighbors uses their street address as their ID

Try the phone number as the password.

Mike "unless they have a dog" Yetto
In practice they are not.

G. Morgan

philo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Damn I never knew I was so addicted that a few days without service
>would **** me off
>

>I guess I can deal with it

I remember times like that I'd pop in an AOL disk and use it temporarily, then
cancel before the free hours were up. This was back in the dial-up era of
course, and I cringed doing it, but it got me thru.

Meat Plow

On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 11:45:33 -0500, G. Morgan wrote:

> philo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Damn I never knew I was so addicted that a few days without service
>>would **** me off
>>

>>I guess I can deal with it

> I remember times like that I'd pop in an AOL disk and use it
> temporarily, then cancel before the free hours were up. This was back
> in the dial-up era of course, and I cringed doing it, but it got me
> thru.

Netzero, provided there is a local number in Marfa TX and he has a modem.