Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Bloody DNS

Re: Bloody DNS

chuckcar

nhwf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:ia28pj$69t$(E-Mail Removed):

> Centurylink's dns swervers just took an enourmous dump. NNTP works,
> POP3 works, but no HTTP connections.
>
> <guffaw>
> Typical...

change to 2.1.1.1. Always worked for me when I have problems.

Open network (or *whatever* MS calls it in your OS), then click on
tcp/ip, then properties, DNS configuration, enable DNS and put the above
IP address in where it says Host. You *do* need to restart afterwards.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Desk Rabbit

On 25/10/2010 00:25, chuckcar wrote:
> nhwf<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:ia28pj$69t$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Centurylink's dns swervers just took an enourmous dump. NNTP works,
>> POP3 works, but no HTTP connections.
>>
>> <guffaw>
>> Typical...

> change to 2.1.1.1. Always worked for me when I have problems.

Idiot. Use the correct DNS servers you dumbass

http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/

> Open network (or *whatever* MS calls it in your OS), then click on
> tcp/ip, then properties, DNS configuration, enable DNS and put the above
> IP address in where it says Host. You *do* need to restart afterwards.

Wrong, wrong and wrong again.