Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Bing videos

Bing videos

Geopelia

"Gib Bogle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ia292u$vl9$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 24/10/2010 11:11 p.m., Geopelia wrote:
>> I see there is now something called Bing which will play videos.
>>
>> I can't get youtube on dial up as it takes much too long to load. Would
>> Bing
>> be quicker?
>> If so, is there any way to change youtube to Bing please?
>>
>> I can't think of anything else that I would want Bing for, Google is what
>> use now for information etc.
>> But if I wanted Bing, what would I click to get it?

> google

There is a lot of stuff on google, but how safe is it? It comes up "safe
page" but would that include anything to download from google?

Gordon

On 2010-10-25, Geopelia <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Gib Bogle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ia292u$vl9$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On 24/10/2010 11:11 p.m., Geopelia wrote:
>>> I see there is now something called Bing which will play videos.
>>>
>>> I can't get youtube on dial up as it takes much too long to load. Would
>>> Bing
>>> be quicker?
>>> If so, is there any way to change youtube to Bing please?
>>>
>>> I can't think of anything else that I would want Bing for, Google is what
>>> use now for information etc.

Ms Soft, looks like a "fan" has not yet appeared. Bugger!

>>> But if I wanted Bing, what would I click to get it?

If you use MSIE, you will get Bing.

>> google

G, as on capital G.

> There is a lot of stuff on google, but how safe is it? It comes up "safe
> page" but would that include anything to download from google?

Google, as in it search engine only, is just telling you the places you might
like to go. Engage brain to sort out if you do?

Make a mistake, the back button will get you out of that place.

BTW, Bing is a child of Microsoft. Feed "Bing" into Google

http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=Bin...ient=firefox-a

Look at that firefox in the URL, heck and also pclinuxos. (To those who
wonder about pclinuxos, it is just a Linux distro.)

Hey does it work for you people on other browsers and platforms? It had
better.

Gordon

On 2010-10-24, Sweetpea <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 23:11:05 +1300, Geopelia wrote:
>
>> I can't get youtube on dial up as it takes much too long to load. Would
>> Bing be quicker?

> No. All those sorts of sites are predicated on people having a broadband
> connection.

That was not so nice.

Gordon

On 2010-10-24, Geopelia <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Enkidu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4cc407a4$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On 24/10/10 23:11, Geopelia wrote:
>>> I see there is now something called Bing which will play videos.
>>>
>>> I can't get youtube on dial up as it takes much too long to load. Would
>>> Bing
>>> be quicker?
>>> If so, is there any way to change youtube to Bing please?
>>>
>>> I can't think of anything else that I would want Bing for, Google is what
>>> use now for information etc.
>>> But if I wanted Bing, what would I click to get it?
>>>

>> Bing is Microsoft's search engine. I don't know about it playing videos. I
>> reckon that it will take the same amount of time to load a video.
>>
>> Try : http://www.bing.com/
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Cliff
>>

> Thank you. I had a look at that, but it isn't much help.
>
> I also had a look at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bing_(search_engine) -
> which describes all it can do (very good for porn, it says!) but again not
> much help in using it.
>
> But if it isn't going to be much faster for videos there isn't much point in
> changing.

Geo, you need to understand, the difference between searching, as in where
is the thing one looking for, and getting the article to ones machine/site.

Mt Egmont/Taranaki is close to New Plymouth, but getting it to anywhere else

Gordon

On 2010-10-25, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote:
> In message <ia25po$2su$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>, Geopelia wrote:
>
>> There seems to be a youtube in so many emails these days.

> They say this new-fangled broadband thing could be the future.

You jest Lawrence, Ulata Fast Broadband is what the pushers are saying now.

Meanwhile history will show we have just left the starting blocks, about 12
years late, and we are not fit.

How long does it take to get real?

Gordon

On 2010-10-25, Geopelia <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote in message
> news:ia2kvo$bab$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In message <ia25po$2su$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>, Geopelia wrote:
>>
>>> There seems to be a youtube in so many emails these days.

>> They say this new-fangled broadband thing could be the future.

> There seem to be a lot of people changing to it. When it becomes cheaper we
> might change over.

How can I say this in a kind way? Broadband pricing is about to increase as
the demand for ever higher speed rules. okay?

Personally I would love the cap to be gone. I await 2020 for this.

Sweetpea

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 03:38:31 +0000, Gordon wrote:

>>> I can't get youtube on dial up as it takes much too long to load.
>>> Would Bing be quicker?

>> No. All those sorts of sites are predicated on people having a
>> broadband connection.

> That was not so nice.

Are you suggesting that the contents of sites that require broadband
connections - such as www.youtube.com - is easily, conveniently, and
quickly accessible by people using dialup Internet access?

Geopelia

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 2010-10-24, Geopelia <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> "Enkidu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:4cc407a4$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Bing is Microsoft's search engine. I don't know about it playing videos.
>>> reckon that it will take the same amount of time to load a video.
>>>
>>> Try : http://www.bing.com/
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Cliff
>>>

>> Thank you. I had a look at that, but it isn't much help.
>>
>> I also had a look at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bing_(search_engine) -
>> which describes all it can do (very good for porn, it says!) but again
>> not
>> much help in using it.
>>
>> But if it isn't going to be much faster for videos there isn't much point
>> in
>> changing.
>>

> Geo, you need to understand, the difference between searching, as in where
> is the thing one looking for, and getting the article to ones
> machine/site.
>
> Mt Egmont/Taranaki is close to New Plymouth, but getting it to anywhere
> else

Hello?? Has a bit of your post got lost?

I just type in what I'm searching for, and then click the entry that seems
best. It seems quite simple, but odd things can happen.
I often end up reading something that has nothing to do with what I was
looking for.

Geopelia

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 2010-10-25, Geopelia <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> "Gib Bogle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:ia292u$vl9$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Ms Soft, looks like a "fan" has not yet appeared. Bugger!

> If you use MSIE, you will get Bing.
>>>
>>> google

> G, as on capital G.
>

>> There is a lot of stuff on google, but how safe is it? It comes up "safe
>> page" but would that include anything to download from google?
>>

> Google, as in it search engine only, is just telling you the places you
> might
> like to go. Engage brain to sort out if you do?

Yes, Bing Crosby is there.

> Make a mistake, the back button will get you out of that place.
>
> BTW, Bing is a child of Microsoft. Feed "Bing" into Google
>
> http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=Bin...ient=firefox-a
>
> Look at that firefox in the URL, heck and also pclinuxos. (To those who
> wonder about pclinuxos, it is just a Linux distro.)
>
> Hey does it work for you people on other browsers and platforms? It had
> better.

Thank you.
Sorry, I don't understand all the technical stuff.
I leave it to the computer man, if it's more than just a simple click or
two.