Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows Live Mail 2011 - doesn't work

Windows Live Mail 2011 - doesn't work

Geoff Pearson

I've had three goes at installing this thing, I'm on Windows 7. It doesn't
work - machine runs at 100% CPU. What am I doing wrong?

VanguardLH

Geoff Pearson wrote:

> I've had three goes at installing this thing, I'm on Windows 7. It doesn't
> work - machine runs at 100% CPU. What am I doing wrong?

WLM newsgroup is at:
microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop

PeeCee

"Geoff Pearson" wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

I've had three goes at installing this thing, I'm on Windows 7. It doesn't
work - machine runs at 100% CPU. What am I doing wrong?

Some ideas:
Disabling your Anti Virus before starting the install.
Defrag.
Scandisk

Best
Paul.

Peter Foldes

VanguardLH

Most MS MVP's of WLM\Hotmail group and posters from that same group moved to the
news.annexcafe.com server to the annexcafe.general.windowslivemail newsgroup

--
Peter
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"VanguardLH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:i9u670$os7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Geoff Pearson wrote:
>
>> I've had three goes at installing this thing, I'm on Windows 7. It doesn't
>> work - machine runs at 100% CPU. What am I doing wrong?

> WLM newsgroup is at:
> microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop

Mike Easter

Peter Foldes wrote:

> Most MS MVP's of WLM\Hotmail group and posters from that same group
> moved to the news.annexcafe.com server to the
> annexcafe.general.windowslivemail newsgroup

I wouldn't say that a lot of MS MVPs have gone to annexcafe.

I would say most of the old MSpublic activity has gone to the MS forums.

Such as the topic:

Windows Unable to Install Windows Live Mail http://bit.ly/brd1kw

In annexcafe.general.windowslivemailI see about 60 posts a week total,
not too many MVPs.

If one wants to use a newsreader to find a lot of MS MVP support, they
should use one of the two gateways to the forum, not annexcafe's news
server.

--
Mike Easter

Parko

On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 08:59:16 +0100, Geoff Pearson wrote:

> I've had three goes at installing this thing, I'm on Windows 7. It
> doesn't work - machine runs at 100% CPU. What am I doing wrong?

Installing bad software, I'd say. Try Incredimail.

--
Oh, bugger!

philo

On 10/23/2010 04:13 AM, PeeCee wrote:
> "Geoff Pearson" wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> I've had three goes at installing this thing, I'm on Windows 7. It doesn't
> work - machine runs at 100% CPU. What am I doing wrong?
>
> Some ideas:
> Disabling your Anti Virus before starting the install.
> Defrag.
> Scandisk

yeah sure...

Windows ME was the last MS OS with scandisk

sheesh

chuckcar

"Geoff Pearson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I've had three goes at installing this thing, I'm on Windows 7. It
> doesn't work - machine runs at 100% CPU. What am I doing wrong?

What happens though. Saying it "doesn't work" and 100% CPU doesn't
really help us much. What task(s) is/are at 100% and how are you coming
to the conclusion it doesn't work? Does the install not finish and if
so, how long do you wait for it to? Do you get an error message and if
so quote it verbatim please.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Geoff Pearson

"chuckcar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "Geoff Pearson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> I've had three goes at installing this thing, I'm on Windows 7. It
>> doesn't work - machine runs at 100% CPU. What am I doing wrong?
>>

> What happens though. Saying it "doesn't work" and 100% CPU doesn't
> really help us much. What task(s) is/are at 100% and how are you coming
> to the conclusion it doesn't work? Does the install not finish and if
> so, how long do you wait for it to? Do you get an error message and if
> so quote it verbatim please.
>

> --
> (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

No messages, just constant 100% CPU, and everything unbelievably slow.
Takes half an hour to open and release the CPU from churning away.
Basically nothing happens.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Parko wrote:

> Geoff Pearson wrote:
>> I've had three goes at installing this thing, I'm on Windows 7. It
>> doesn't work - machine runs at 100% CPU. What am I doing wrong?

> Installing bad software, I'd say. Try Incredimail.

Oooh, Parko. I *do* hope you meant that as a joke! I wouldn't recommend
Incrudimail to anyone without attaching a big smiley...

--
-bts