Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to choose Virtual Server in Web Setup Project?

How to choose Virtual Server in Web Setup Project?

Matthew Belk

I am trying to figure out how to allow the user to select on which virtual
server to install an ASP.NET web application. It seems like the default
behavior for the web setup projects is just to install to the first virtual
server in the list. How can I intercept that and change it?

Ideally, I would like the user to be able to specify a base url
(http://site.domain.com) in the installation routine, and have the installer
install the web app to that particular virtual server.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Matthew Belk
www.bizspeed.com

Chris Jackson

This is a shortcoming of the web setup wizard. You can either edit the msi
file yourself to add that functionality, or you can stop all running sites
that appear before the site you want to install on in the metabase.

--
Chris Jackson
Software Engineer

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...