Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Unix-head needs to Windows-ize his Python script (II)

Unix-head needs to Windows-ize his Python script (II)

Gregory Ewing

gb345 wrote:

> I see how clicking directly on these files would obviate the need
> to specify the path of the interpreter, but it's still not clear
> to me how the interpreter would know where to look for the myscript.py
> module that both the GUI scripts require.

If it's in the same directory as the GUI script, or in some
known location relative to it, you should be able to locate
it based on the fact that sys.path[0] starts off containing
the pathname of the directory containing the running script.

--
Greg

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Gregory Ewing wrote:

> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>
>> You mean “GUI console”. So non-GUI apps get a GUI element whether they
>> want it or not, while GUI ones don’t. That’s completely backwards.

> The "G" in GUI stands for "Graphical". I wouldn't call a window that
> displays nothing but text "graphical".

And yet it takes a GUI to display it.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Dave Angel
wrote:

> Gee, maybe when "you're trying to track down problems", you might try
> starting the application in a console?

On a rationally-designed OS, I have a choice. I can do that, but that’s not
really my first resort: the first thing I can do is check in ~/.xsession-
errors to see if there are already some useful messages that might
illuminate the issue.