Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: How to get a faster comp for audio editing ?????

Re: How to get a faster comp for audio editing ?????

Mike Easter

Don Ward wrote:

>>> Some of the programs for equalization, pitch shifting take can take
>>> 5-10 min for large files.
>>> I want to build/buy more speed, what is best way to double processing
>>> speed ? that is cut processing time in half.

> All the programs i have run on XP

What programs are we talking about?

--
Mike Easter

Mike Easter

Mike Easter wrote:

>> All the programs i have run on XP

> What programs are we talking about?

Here's an article^1 with a table comparing and contrasting the digital
audio editing programs for windows 37, mac 16, linux 18, showing 8 which
have apps for both win and linux and also showing which ware is freeware.

I think if I were doing that kind of work and also considering buying
another computer with more muscle, I would setup a dedicated machine to
be running the editing and use a KVM so that I could flip back and forth
between the machine running the editing and whatever else I was doing.

^1 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_editing Digital audio editor

--
Mike Easter