Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > python-imaging-sane

python-imaging-sane

barronmo

I'm trying to get my application to scan, create a .pdf, and then save
it in a patient's folder. I found python-imaging-sane but I can't get
things to work correctly. Here is what's happening at the command
prompt:

import sane
sane.init()
(16777235, 1, 0, 19)
print sane.get_devices()
[('canondr:libusb:001:002', 'Canon', 'P-150', 'sheetfed scanner')]
s = sane.open(sane.get_devices()[0][0])
s.start()
i = s.snap()
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<input>", line 1, in <module>
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/sane.py", line 243, in snap
self.dev.snap( im.im.id, no_cancel )
_sane.error: Operation was cancelled

Ultimately I would like to get it to scan duplex and do multipage
docs. Thanks for any help.

Mike Barron