Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Photo to DVD

Re: Photo to DVD

Meat Plow

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 22:41:58 +0100, JonC wrote:

> I created a DVD photo slideshow with Ashampoo9 from about 90 JPEG's.
> When played back on a TV, the images flickered/pulsed just enough to be
> noticeable and annoying, I have created the disc 3 times, all with the
> same result.
> Can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks. Using Win7 OS.

How are you playing them back on your TV?

chuckcar

Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news(E-Mail Removed):

> On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 22:41:58 +0100, JonC wrote:
>
>> I created a DVD photo slideshow with Ashampoo9 from about 90 JPEG's.
>> When played back on a TV, the images flickered/pulsed just enough to
>> be noticeable and annoying, I have created the disc 3 times, all with
>> the same result.
>> Can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks. Using Win7 OS.

> How are you playing them back on your TV?

ROFL, exactly the question *I* asked, except you obviously missed the
part about using a computer to do so.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Zu Arsschlaark!

"Meat Plow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 22:41:58 +0100, JonC wrote:
>
>> I created a DVD photo slideshow with Ashampoo9 from about 90 JPEG's.
>> When played back on a TV, the images flickered/pulsed just enough to be
>> noticeable and annoying, I have created the disc 3 times, all with the
>> same result.
>> Can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks. Using Win7 OS.

> How are you playing them back on your TV?
>

> --
> Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Pretty Corpse

try a simple single session data burn of pictures , or whatever, onto cd or
dvd.
play it back in the dvd player hooked up to tv.
it should be just fine.
i did this myself yonks ago, no ashamPOO needed.
you'll notice the dvd player shows symbols of jpg, mp3, cd, etc on its
case, meaning it should just accept those formats/disk types.

Meat Plow

On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 20:32:28 +0000, chuckcar wrote:

> Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 22:41:58 +0100, JonC wrote:
>>
>>> I created a DVD photo slideshow with Ashampoo9 from about 90 JPEG's.
>>> When played back on a TV, the images flickered/pulsed just enough to
>>> be noticeable and annoying, I have created the disc 3 times, all with
>>> the same result.
>>> Can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks. Using Win7 OS.

>> How are you playing them back on your TV?
>>

> ROFL, exactly the question *I* asked, except you obviously missed the
> part about using a computer to do so.

Sorry chumptard it wasn't exactly the same question you asked. You're
question (if you can call it that) assumed a computer/tv connection.
I'm assuming nothing. I want to know what devices are connected. It is
very possible to play a DVD picture slideshow back on a standalone DVD
player.

chuckcar

Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news(E-Mail Removed):

> On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 20:32:28 +0000, chuckcar wrote:
>
>> Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news(E-Mail Removed):

>>> How are you playing them back on your TV?
>>>

>> ROFL, exactly the question *I* asked, except you obviously missed the
>> part about using a computer to do so.

> Sorry chumptard it wasn't exactly the same question you asked. You're
> question (if you can call it that) assumed a computer/tv connection.

Which is the part you missed as I said. You *really* have reading
problems.

> I'm assuming nothing. I want to know what devices are connected. It is
> very possible to play a DVD picture slideshow back on a standalone DVD
> player.

Yes, but that's not the case here as the OP wrote. Read it again. What do
you think Ashampoo is?

A company actually. With *numerous* products including both DVD players *and*
recorder programs.

You **** on me because you claim I misread the OP and it's clear you did
the same, or at the very least the OP was too vague for you to have any
basis to even think you might have a point.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Meat Plow

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 16:45:27 +0000, chuckcar wrote:

> Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 20:32:28 +0000, chuckcar wrote:
>>
>>> Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> news(E-Mail Removed):

>>> ROFL, exactly the question *I* asked, except you obviously missed the
>>> part about using a computer to do so.

>> Sorry chumptard it wasn't exactly the same question you asked. You're
>> question (if you can call it that) assumed a computer/tv connection.

> Which is the part you missed as I said. You *really* have reading
> problems.

SPROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOING!

Damn Walmart Irony Meters.