Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Rar archives and getting things out of them - s/w suggestions wanted.

Rar archives and getting things out of them - s/w suggestions wanted.

Bruce Sinclair

Hi

I need to extract a rar archive. Anyone like to suggest s/w that does this
well ? I want small and fast, for linux and/or XP.

Thanks

Gib Bogle

On 18/10/2010 12:31 p.m., Bruce Sinclair wrote:
> Hi
>
> I need to extract a rar archive. Anyone like to suggest s/w that does this
> well ? I want small and fast, for linux and/or XP.
>
> Thanks

I've been using a trial version of WinRAR. Seems to work fine.

http://www.rarlab.com/

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <i9g100$ckn$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>, Bruce Sinclair wrote:

> I need to extract a rar archive.

I see both unrar-free and unrar-nonfree packages in Debian. And of course
there are archives that the former has trouble with, that the latter will
decode just fine.

My preference is to shun sites that insist on RAR files.

Donchano

On Sun, 17 Oct 2010 23:31:11 GMT,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)z (Bruce Sinclair)
shouted from the highest rooftop:

>Hi
>
>I need to extract a rar archive. Anyone like to suggest s/w that does this
>well ? I want small and fast, for linux and/or XP.
>
>Thanks

My personal favourite is ICECOW:

http://www.iceows.com/HomePageUS.html

Or: 7-zip: <www.7-zip.org>

Both are freeware.

victor

On 18/10/2010 12:31 p.m., Bruce Sinclair wrote:
> Hi
>
> I need to extract a rar archive. Anyone like to suggest s/w that does this
> well ? I want small and fast, for linux and/or XP.
>
> Thanks

7zip

http://www.7-zip.org/

William Brown

On Sun, 17 Oct 2010 23:31:11 GMT,
wrote:

>Hi
>
>I need to extract a rar archive. Anyone like to suggest s/w that does this
>well ? I want small and fast, for linux and/or XP.
>
>Thanks

WinRar

William Brown

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 13:28:46 +1300, Donchano
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sun, 17 Oct 2010 23:31:11 GMT,
>(E-Mail Removed) nz (Bruce Sinclair)
>shouted from the highest rooftop:
>

>>Hi
>>
>>I need to extract a rar archive. Anyone like to suggest s/w that does this
>>well ? I want small and fast, for linux and/or XP.
>>
>>Thanks

>My personal favourite is ICECOW:
>
>http://www.iceows.com/HomePageUS.html
>
>Or: 7-zip: <www.7-zip.org>
>
>Both are freeware.

But do they offer a Repair option and do they create a Extract
directory, WinRar does.

Donchano

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 17:39:46 +1300, William Brown <(E-Mail Removed)>
shouted from the highest rooftop:

>On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 13:28:46 +1300, Donchano
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>On Sun, 17 Oct 2010 23:31:11 GMT,
>>(E-Mail Removed) z (Bruce Sinclair)
>>shouted from the highest rooftop:
>>

>>>Hi
>>>
>>>I need to extract a rar archive. Anyone like to suggest s/w that does this
>>>well ? I want small and fast, for linux and/or XP.
>>>
>>>Thanks

>>My personal favourite is ICECOW:
>>
>>http://www.iceows.com/HomePageUS.html
>>
>>Or: 7-zip: <www.7-zip.org>
>>
>>Both are freeware.

>But do they offer a Repair option and do they create a Extract
>directory, WinRar does.

Did the OP reqesst those features, Roger?

William Brown

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 22:08:54 +1300, Donchano
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 17:39:46 +1300, William Brown <(E-Mail Removed)>
>shouted from the highest rooftop:
>
>>On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 13:28:46 +1300, Donchano
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>On Sun, 17 Oct 2010 23:31:11 GMT,
>>>(E-Mail Removed) nz (Bruce Sinclair)
>>>shouted from the highest rooftop:

>>>My personal favourite is ICECOW:
>>>
>>>http://www.iceows.com/HomePageUS.html
>>>
>>>Or: 7-zip: <www.7-zip.org>
>>>
>>>Both are freeware.

>>But do they offer a Repair option and do they create a Extract
>>directory, WinRar does.

>Did the OP reqesst those features, Roger?

Tell me Why are you So SUTPID..?

There is a well known saying if you don't ask you don't get, we are not
all simpletons like you..

AD.

On Oct 19, 12:31*pm, William Brown <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Tell me Why are you * So SUTPID..?

Careful Woger - your unintentional irony is starting to look like it
might be intentional after all. Don't make it so obvious next time.

--
Cheers
Anton