Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Banding in D3s video footage

Banding in D3s video footage

Sandman

Look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz8vbhBIo4M

I'm not the one who shot that, but I can see this with my D3s as well,
especially when using a large aperture. If I narrow the aperture down
to 4-5 the banding will almost disappear. This is with the Nikkor
50mm/1.4 lens.

Anyone knows if it can be removed altogether?

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Paul Furman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Sandman wrote:
> > Look at this:
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz8vbhBIo4M
> >
> > I'm not the one who shot that, but I can see this with my D3s as well,
> > especially when using a large aperture. If I narrow the aperture down
> > to 4-5 the banding will almost disappear. This is with the Nikkor
> > 50mm/1.4 lens.
> >
> > Anyone knows if it can be removed altogether?

> That might be interference with fluorescent lights. Try looking at your
> live view while shooting your computer monitor and you'll see what I mean.

Yeah, I get this all the time, regardless of lighting conditions. As
far as I can tell, that's not what is causing it... Thanks anyway.

--
Sandman[.net]