Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Disgusted

Re: Disgusted

Meat Plow

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 07:57:20 -0400, Mike Yetto wrote:

> Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)> writes and having writ moves on.
>>On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 15:23:06 +0000, chuckcar wrote:

>>> Mike Yetto <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)-september.org:

>>> Which obviously isn't the case here. They want to use the laptop
>>> *while* the car is in motion.
>>>
>>> This *isn't* anywhere near a new thread BTW, it goes back months. Try
>>> this message-id. It's her orginal post on the idea.

>>> Back in march. And she's been arguing with anyone who's said it's a
>>> bad idea ever since.

>>I sometimes use my Dell Mini netbook as a GPS with a 10.1" screen. Would
>>be nice to have a dash mount. Is that a bad idea?

> Probably. In New York, at least, if the device is in a position to be
> used by the driver while the car is in motion the assumption is that it
> is being used. I wouldn't be surprised to find the same assumption in
> the laws of other states.
>
> You could argue that you are using it as a GPS, but the burden of proof
> would be on you.
>
> Mike "not to mention the effect of a sharp right turn" Yetto

I didn't say illegal I said bad idea.

chuckcar

"Jane_Galt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:R6ydnTU5MtDBjCDRnZ2dnUVZ_o6dnZ2d@forethought. net:

> Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :
>
>> I sometimes use my Dell Mini netbook as a GPS with a 10.1" screen.
>> Would be nice to have a dash mount. Is that a bad idea?

> All these tyrants without lives, wanting to dictate to everyone how to
> do everything, and even what kind of toilet paper they must use.

That what government *does*. And they're only tyrants if they're not
elected. Like George Bush Jr. for example.

> I can mount the LT wherever the hell I want and no one will bother me,

Riight. Try that attitude the next time you get a traffic ticket and see
where that gets you.
> as long as I drive safely. Zig heil to all you marxist/fascists out
> there.

But you *aren't* and that's precisely the point.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Mike Yetto

Jane_Galt <(E-Mail Removed)> writes and having writ moves on.
>Mike Yetto <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :

>> Probably. In New York, at least, if the device is in a position
>> to be used by the driver while the car is in motion the
>> assumption is that it is being used.

>Insane. My gun is in a position to be used by the driver while the car is in
>motion. Is it sane to assume it's being used?

Guns are not part of this discussion or of New York State Vehicle
and Traffic Law; Title 7; Article 33; Section 1225-D, to wit:

"4. A person who holds a portable electronic device in a
conspicuous manner while operating a motor vehicle is
presumed to be using such device. The presumption established by
this subdivision is rebuttable by evidence showing that the
operator was not using the device within the meaning of this
section."

>> I wouldn't be surprised to
>> find the same assumption in the laws of other states.

>Remember about the word ASSume.

It is a perfectly valid English word describing and action
everyone takes on a near constant basis. Such as the horizon
dropped this morning revealing the Sun, I assume it will rise
this evening and obscure it again, just as every other day.

Mike "your pedantic statement makes a ass of you" Yetto
In practice they are not.

Mike Yetto

Jane_Galt <(E-Mail Removed)> writes and having writ moves on.
>Mike Yetto <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :

>> Jane_Galt <(E-Mail Removed)> writes and having writ moves on.

>>>All these tyrants without lives, wanting to dictate to everyone how to do
>>>everything, and even what kind of toilet paper they must use.

>>>I can mount the LT wherever the hell I want and no one will bother me, as
>>>long as I drive safely. Zig heil to all you marxist/fascists out there.

>> You have been given some good advice here, including advice on
>> possible legal ramifications of doing what you want. If all you
>> can do is repeat what *you* want to do and how the rest of us are
>> "marxist/fascists" ( opposing ideologies, by the way)

>NO, not opposing ideologies at all, quite compatible. Your ignorance is
>showing.

And you wear yours proudly.

>> then go ahead
>> and mount anything anywhere you like.

>I didn't need your permission.

No, not mine, but anarchists are not indemnified from breaking
laws just because their favorite author doesn't like that law.

Mike "did you want advice or a place to troll?" Yetto
In practice they are not.

Meat Plow

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 22:55:51 -0500, Jane_Galt wrote:

> Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :

>>> All these tyrants without lives, wanting to dictate to everyone how to
>>> do everything, and even what kind of toilet paper they must use.
>>>
>>> I can mount the LT wherever the hell I want and no one will bother me,
>>> as long as I drive safely. Zig heil to all you marxist/fascists out
>>> there.

>> When push comes to shove you'll do what you want. Hopefully you will
>> have the common sense not to endanger yourself or others.

> I have for the last 40 some years, with no accidents that I caused.

Well that's a better driving record than I have. Hell I haven't even been
driving for 40 years.

Aardvark

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 22:55:51 -0500, Jane_Galt wrote:

> Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :

>>> All these tyrants without lives, wanting to dictate to everyone how to
>>> do everything, and even what kind of toilet paper they must use.
>>>
>>> I can mount the LT wherever the hell I want and no one will bother me,
>>> as long as I drive safely. Zig heil to all you marxist/fascists out
>>> there.

>> When push comes to shove you'll do what you want. Hopefully you will
>> have the common sense not to endanger yourself or others.

> I have for the last 40 some years, with no accidents that I caused.

"I've never been in a car accident, but I've seen thousands in my rear-
view mirror".

--
The rocket bombs which fell daily on London were probably fired by
the Government of Oceania itself, ’just to keep people frightened’.

Bucky Breeder

Jane_Galt <(E-Mail Removed)> via
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Mike Yetto <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :
>
>> Jane_Galt <(E-Mail Removed)> writes and having writ moves on.

>>>NO, not opposing ideologies at all, quite compatible. Your ignorance is
>>>showing.

>> And you wear yours proudly.

> Typical Progressive, no reasoning, just lie and smear.
>
> Progressives are a disease, pretending to be its own cure.
>
> Whatever they're currently lying and smearing others with,
> is exactly what they've been doing themselves.

>>>I didn't need your permission.

>> No, not mine, but anarchists are not indemnified from breaking
>> laws just because their favorite author doesn't like that law.

> More lying.
>
>> Mike "did you want advice or a place to troll?" Yetto

> See above, being you're the troll.
>
> Did I ask advice on whether to use a netbook in my car?
> Can anyone cite that?
>
> Oh but Progressives always know what's best for us.
> We're the poor Homer Simpson unwashed masses and
> they're the ruling elite. I forgot that.

Peeples who use teh netbooks in cars are a disease on our
socksyeity and should have to wear public tattoos on their
foreheads so other peeples who obeys the law don't die too.

And that should be a constitutional amendment by safe drivers
who take the cabs and buses to save the other peeples all the
trouble of all that health insurance and spilling their coffee
because some nitwit-twit/**** just has to netbook her makeup
on the freeways in her SUV that she can't even backup without
saying "whoops" at least 3 times...

And constitutional amendments legalizing pot and prostitution
too would lower our taxes and take teh criminals out of a job.

HTH.

Bucky "Don't be a car-driving netbook-using nitwit-twit/****" Breeder

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and this free speech message
was transmitted through the Draconian censorship blockades!

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20015629-71.html

http://www.boingboing.net/Smoky_The_Nanobot.jpg

Bucky Breeder

Aardvark <(E-Mail Removed)> via news:i9p3tr$g2f$(E-Mail Removed)-
september.org:

> On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 22:55:51 -0500, Jane_Galt wrote:
>
>> Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :

>>> When push comes to shove you'll do what you want. Hopefully you will
>>> have the common sense not to endanger yourself or others.

>> I have for the last 40 some years, with no accidents that I caused.

> "I've never been in a car accident, but I've seen thousands in my rear-
> view mirror".

It's like the Italian race car driver said :

"Whatsa behinda you is of *NO* importance!"

HTH.

--

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 00:33:41 -0500, Jane_Galt wrote:

> Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :

>>> I have for the last 40 some years, with no accidents that I caused.

>> Well that's a better driving record than I have. Hell I haven't even
>> been driving for 40 years.
>>

> Yeah, about the only problems I ever had, was when I first moved here
> from Miami ( born and grew up ) and slid on some icy streets, dinging my
> bumper a couple of times.

Born and raised where winter driving skills were in use from Dec thru
Mar. 4x4 since 1988. Been driving farm equipment since the age of 12.
One of my "toys" back then was a clunker Metro step van. Drove it around
the farm like a go cart. Drove a large articulated steering Trojan front
end loader when I was 13. So when it came time to get my temp license and
driver's Ed. in high school I was already an ace on the driving part.

joevan

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 15:54:38 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 00:33:41 -0500, Jane_Galt wrote:
>
>> Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :

>>> Well that's a better driving record than I have. Hell I haven't even
>>> been driving for 40 years.
>>>

>> Yeah, about the only problems I ever had, was when I first moved here
>> from Miami ( born and grew up ) and slid on some icy streets, dinging my
>> bumper a couple of times.

>Born and raised where winter driving skills were in use from Dec thru
>Mar. 4x4 since 1988. Been driving farm equipment since the age of 12.
>One of my "toys" back then was a clunker Metro step van. Drove it around
>the farm like a go cart. Drove a large articulated steering Trojan front
>end loader when I was 13. So when it came time to get my temp license and
>driver's Ed. in high school I was already an ace on the driving part.

I was driving my older brother around town when I was 10. The town cop
didn't know me but I had to sit on a pillow so I could see over the
steering wheel. I recall that 46 Ford was quite fun with four on the
floor and a rebuilt engine. It was quite the machine for its time.
I didn't bother to get my drivers license for a year after the 15th
birthday. I waited until 16. I didn't need it in that small town in
VA.

Re: Disgusted Kay Computer Support 0 10-16-2010 09:10 PM
Quite disgusted with voip.co.uk Sean UK VOIP 15 07-17-2006 04:52 PM
Disgusted at Disgusted Geoffrey Windows 64bit 14 02-16-2006 06:54 PM
Norton A/V Disgusted Lord Haw-Haw Computer Support 6 01-29-2004 03:51 PM
I am disgusted with comp.lang.c Doug B C Programming 13 07-26-2003 06:48 PM

Advertisments