Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Skype - prices and incoming

Skype - prices and incoming

Steve Terry

"Roger Mills" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 17/10/2010 16:15, Steve Terry wrote:
>> "Roger Mills"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Is it working for anyone else? Cheers,
> Roger

You're right, I've just tried my 0208, 0203, and 0161
ring2skype numbers and get the same message.

When ring2Skype fails it's usually over a weekend, i expect
they'll do something about when they read the compliant emails on Monday

Steve Terry

--
"I would like to plead for my right to investigate natural phenomena
without having guns pointed at me.

Graham.

"Steve Terry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:i9flao$11j$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> "Roger Mills" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On 17/10/2010 16:15, Steve Terry wrote:
>>> "Roger Mills"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> Is it working for anyone else? Cheers,
>> Roger
>>

> You're right, I've just tried my 0208, 0203, and 0161
> ring2skype numbers and get the same message.
>
> When ring2Skype fails it's usually over a weekend, i expect
> they'll do something about when they read the compliant emails on Monday
>
> Steve Terry

Same here on my Manhester number. I set up a new account with a London number
pointing at the same Skype ID but no joy.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Roger Mills

On 17/10/2010 23:48, Graham. wrote:
> "Steve Terry"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:i9flao$11j$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...

>>> Is it working for anyone else? Cheers,
>>> Roger
>>>

>> You're right, I've just tried my 0208, 0203, and 0161
>> ring2skype numbers and get the same message.
>>
>> When ring2Skype fails it's usually over a weekend, i expect
>> they'll do something about when they read the compliant emails on Monday
>>
>> Steve Terry
>>

> Same here on my Manhester number. I set up a new account with a London number
> pointing at the same Skype ID but no joy.

Well, it seems to be working again this evening - I wonder how long for?!
--
Cheers,
Roger

Graham.

>>> You're right, I've just tried my 0208, 0203, and 0161
>>> ring2skype numbers and get the same message.
>>>
>>> When ring2Skype fails it's usually over a weekend, i expect
>>> they'll do something about when they read the compliant emails on Monday
>>>
>>> Steve Terry
>>>

>> Same here on my Manhester number. I set up a new account with a London number
>> pointing at the same Skype ID but no joy.
>>

> Well, it seems to be working again this evening - I wonder how long for?!

Seemed to come back between 1915 and 1930

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Roger Mills

On 18/10/2010 23:36, Graham. wrote:

>> Well, it seems to be working again this evening - I wonder how long for?!

> Seemed to come back between 1915 and 1930

It seems to have died again - but in a slightly different way!

I dial the number, and key in the extension when prompted - and it
gives ring tone for several rings, but no incoming call is detected at
the Skype end, and after a while I get the "Sorry, we can't connect your
call" message. I've tried to call my S2, and Skype on my PC, with the
same result - but they can call each other ok.

Anyone else tried it today?

I'm getting pretty close to abandoning it because it just doesn't seem
reliable. Pity, because it potentially offers a cheap way for my wife to
ring me on my S2 when I'm out and about - but it's no use if it doesn't
work when required.
--
Cheers,
Roger

SimonB

Roger Mills <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On 18/10/2010 23:36, Graham. wrote:
> >>
> >> Well, it seems to be working again this evening - I wonder how long for?!

> > Seemed to come back between 1915 and 1930

> It seems to have died again - but in a slightly different way!
>
> I dial the number, and key in the extension when prompted - and it
> gives ring tone for several rings, but no incoming call is detected at
> the Skype end, and after a while I get the "Sorry, we can't connect your
> call" message. I've tried to call my S2, and Skype on my PC, with the
> same result - but they can call each other ok.
>
> Anyone else tried it today?
>
> I'm getting pretty close to abandoning it because it just doesn't seem
> reliable. Pity, because it potentially offers a cheap way for my wife to
> ring me on my S2 when I'm out and about - but it's no use if it doesn't
> work when required.

Worked for me here just now. Dialled the London 0208 number) and the
Skype phone rang.
--
Simon

Steve Terry

"SimonB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1jqmvjz.1fjuvsq1ij6bixN%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Roger Mills <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On 18/10/2010 23:36, Graham. wrote:

<snip>
>> I'm getting pretty close to abandoning it because it just doesn't seem
>> reliable. Pity, because it potentially offers a cheap way for my wife to
>> ring me on my S2 when I'm out and about - but it's no use if it doesn't
>> work when required.

> Worked for me here just now. Dialled the London 0208 number)
> and the Skype phone rang.
> Simon

All my ring2skype numbers are now working to my S2

Steve Terry
--

On 20/10/2010 01:52, Steve Terry wrote:
> "SimonB"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:1jqmvjz.1fjuvsq1ij6bixN%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Roger Mills<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> On 18/10/2010 23:36, Graham. wrote:

> <snip>
>>> I'm getting pretty close to abandoning it because it just doesn't seem
>>> reliable. Pity, because it potentially offers a cheap way for my wife to
>>> ring me on my S2 when I'm out and about - but it's no use if it doesn't
>>> work when required.

>> Worked for me here just now. Dialled the London 0208 number)
>> and the Skype phone rang.
>> Simon
>>

> All my ring2skype numbers are now working to my S2
>
> Steve Terry

It did come back later in the evening, and worked with my Skypephone
again - but it still doesn't work with my PC.

In fact, I can't remember *ever* getting the PC to answer - even though
it does when I call it from my Skypephone. I presume there's no
fundamental reason why it shouldn't work with a PC?
--
Cheers,
Roger

SimonB

Roger Mills <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On 20/10/2010 01:52, Steve Terry wrote:
> > "SimonB"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:1jqmvjz.1fjuvsq1ij6bixN%(E-Mail Removed)...

> > <snip>
> >>
> >> Worked for me here just now. Dialled the London 0208 number)
> >> and the Skype phone rang.
> >> Simon
> >>

> > All my ring2skype numbers are now working to my S2
> >
> > Steve Terry

> It did come back later in the evening, and worked with my Skypephone
> again - but it still doesn't work with my PC.
>
> In fact, I can't remember *ever* getting the PC to answer - even though
> it does when I call it from my Skypephone. I presume there's no
> fundamental reason why it shouldn't work with a PC?

My PC gets the call OK here.
Did you add 'ring2skype' to your contacts list?
Some find this helps.
--
Simon

Roger Mills

On 20/10/2010 15:22, SimonB wrote:
> Roger Mills<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>> In fact, I can't remember *ever* getting the PC to answer - even though
>> it does when I call it from my Skypephone. I presume there's no
>> fundamental reason why it shouldn't work with a PC?

> My PC gets the call OK here.
> Did you add 'ring2skype' to your contacts list?
> Some find this helps.

No, that's a thought! I'll try that - thanks.
--
Cheers,
Roger