Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > PyCharm

PyCharm

Robert H

Since the new IDE from Jetbrains is out I was wondering if "you" are
using it and what "you" think about it.

I have to start learning Python for a project at work and I am looking
around for options.

Bob

Vladimir Ignatov

Hello,

> One thing that bugs me in refactoring though is that renaming a method or variable does not necessarily work. It's supposed to track down all >references and correctly change them, but it tends to be hit or miss.

Since we got a true dynamic language here (Python) I don't see a way
how a "perfect" refactoring can be done even in a theory. PyDev tends
to do the very same things. Okay, at least that saves me $199. Not
bad.

Vladimir Ignatov

Kai Diefenbach

On 2010-10-13 23:36:31 +0200, Robert H said:

> Since the new IDE from Jetbrains is out I was wondering if "you" are
> using it and what "you" think about it.

It sucks.

http://regebro.wordpress.com/2010/10...ompletion-test

Kai

Jean-Michel Pichavant

Kai Diefenbach wrote:
> On 2010-10-13 23:36:31 +0200, Robert H said:
>
>> Since the new IDE from Jetbrains is out I was wondering if "you" are
>> using it and what "you" think about it.

> It sucks.
>
> http://regebro.wordpress.com/2010/10...ompletion-test
>
> Kai

You're not serious, this 'blog' only focus on one feature: code
completion, test it in a very very light manner ; and conclude that a
code completion is crap if you need a hotkey to trigger it.

I'm not a being fan of IDE, so nothing related to being fan of it, but
you can't just discard them cause you need a hotkey to trigger the
completion. Who want's to be bothered by windows popping everytime you
type a letter anyway ?

JM

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Jean-
Michel Pichavant wrote:

> Who want's to be bothered by windows popping everytime you type a letter
> anyway ?

Apparently the Java and Visual Studio crowd are big on this sort of thing.

CoffeeKid

On Oct 15, 4:06*am, Kai Diefenbach <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 2010-10-13 23:36:31 +0200, Robert H said:

> It sucks.
>
> http://regebro.wordpress.com/2010/10...ompletion-test
>
> Kai

Kai,

Your video is childish and silly. A lot of IDE's use <CRTL>+<SPACE>
to invoke code completion. You purposely did not use it and chose to
slap your keys and anger and confusion. You should have said you like
Wing IDE better because it has popup code completion while PyCharm
uses a key stoke for it.

-Jim

Albert Hopkins

On Tue, 2010-10-19 at 10:05 -0700, CoffeeKid wrote:
> Your video is childish

When you have someone called "Kid" calling you childish... that's pretty
low.

Re: PyCharm messed up my PyDev Jabba Laci Python 0 12-06-2012 07:09 PM
PyCharm messed up my PyDev Jabba Laci Python 0 12-06-2012 06:30 PM
UI error for pycharm bakie Python 4 11-24-2012 11:29 AM
PyCharm, .idea, and source control alex23 Python 0 12-15-2011 12:45 AM
Re: PyCharm alex23 Python 1 10-15-2010 06:09 PM

Advertisments