Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > rotating text in HTML

rotating text in HTML

thedarkman

Had a look at that link, extremely complex; basically I want to rotate
the three verses beginning Green, serene as one by 90 degrees right.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9103gp

file above

I can do it as a PDF but would rather do it in HTML

thanks

Jukka K. Korpela

Sherm Pendley wrote:

> thedarkman <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
>> Had a look at that link

> What link? You're starting a new thread, but you appear to be trying
> to reply to someone.

Morover, the address that "thedarkman" posted seems to have nothing to do
with the topic, nothing relating to the (very obscure) description. His real
name is probably "Alexander Baron", and he has a longish Usenet posting
history. Do we need more clues?

> Rotating text isn't complex at all, it's dead simple.

Well, you can take a sheet of paper, or a monitor, and tilt it. Dead simple
indeed.

> Here's an example:
>
> http://www.storiesinflight.com/html5/#transform_rotate

That's experimental CSS (not supported by IE). The question was, as the
Subject line still indicates, about rotating text in HTML. Whatever it means
in detail, the short and correct answer is "No". Well, to be on the safe
side, one might add: unless you mean text rolling like in a news ticker, in
which case there's a nonstandard HTML element for it (but we won't tell
which, since if we told him, we would have to educate him).

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

rotating text in HTML thedarkman HTML 5 10-14-2010 02:10 PM
rotating text in HTML - don't ask here thedarkman HTML 3 10-14-2010 07:17 AM
Rotating Circle text mistral Javascript 2 06-09-2006 04:19 PM
Rotating text in chat? Ray Java 2 05-16-2005 05:44 PM
- Need Help Rotating Text In Excel mary wei Computer Support 2 08-07-2003 01:24 PM

Advertisments