Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Nikon discontinues D3000 and D5000 - nikonrumors.com

Reply
Thread Tools

Nikon discontinues D3000 and D5000 - nikonrumors.com

 
 
Bruce
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-12-2010
Story here:
http://nikonrumors.com/

You will need to scroll down.

QUOTE:

I got multiple reports from different countries that the Nikon D3000
and D5000 DSLR cameras are being phased out and will soon be
discontinued. Some retailers were already told that there will be no
future shipments of those models. The Nikon D90 and D300s will
continue to be sold throughout the holiday season.

It is not clear if Nikon will introduce a new camera to replace the
D5000 (it should basically be a D3100 with a swivel LCD display).
Maybe Nikon will remove one of its DSLR models all together in order
to free up some production capacity for a potential new model (EVIL?).

The D3000 was released in July of 2009, three months after the D5000.

END QUOTE

Apart from special editions, the D3000 must have had the shortest
production life of any Nikon camera.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Rich
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-13-2010
On Oct 12, 6:10*pm, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Story here:http://nikonrumors.com/
>
> You will need to scroll down. *
>
> QUOTE:
>
> I got multiple reports from different countries that the Nikon D3000
> and D5000 DSLR cameras are being phased out and will soon be
> discontinued. Some retailers were already told that there will be no
> future shipments of those models. The Nikon D90 and D300s will
> continue to be sold throughout the holiday season.
>
> It is not clear if Nikon will introduce a new camera to replace the
> D5000 (it should basically be a D3100 with a swivel LCD display).
> Maybe Nikon will remove one of its DSLR models all together in order
> to free up some production capacity for a potential new model (EVIL?).
>
> The D3000 was released in July of 2009, three months after the D5000.
>
> END QUOTE
>
> Apart from special editions, the D3000 must have had the shortest
> production life of any Nikon camera.


Could be there just isn't enough profit in the low-end. Like P&S's.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Bruce
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-13-2010
Rich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Oct 12, 6:10*pm, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Apart from special editions, the D3000 must have had the shortest
>> production life of any Nikon camera.

>
>Could be there just isn't enough profit in the low-end. Like P&S's.



More likely: Nikon is making room for the mirrorless camera.

 
Reply With Quote
 
ScotchBright
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-13-2010
On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 23:10:24 +0100, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Story here:
>http://nikonrumors.com/
>
>You will need to scroll down.
>
>QUOTE:
>
>I got multiple reports from different countries that the Nikon D3000
>and D5000 DSLR cameras are being phased out and will soon be
>discontinued. Some retailers were already told that there will be no
>future shipments of those models. The Nikon D90 and D300s will
>continue to be sold throughout the holiday season.
>
>It is not clear if Nikon will introduce a new camera to replace the
>D5000 (it should basically be a D3100 with a swivel LCD display).
>Maybe Nikon will remove one of its DSLR models all together in order
>to free up some production capacity for a potential new model (EVIL?).
>
>The D3000 was released in July of 2009, three months after the D5000.
>
>END QUOTE
>
>Apart from special editions, the D3000 must have had the shortest
>production life of any Nikon camera.


Doesn't matter. I'm sure there will still be plenty of places
to buy compatible lenses for the foreseeable future.
I've got a D3000 and I was thinking about buying one of the
"spotting scope" type attachments for it.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nikon discontinues last film scanner Bruce Digital Photography 43 01-12-2011 01:12 AM
Nikon D3000 a piece of junk? RichA Digital Photography 9 05-22-2010 08:19 PM
Nikon SLR D3000 patetc Digital Photography 6 05-06-2010 12:22 PM
Re: New: Nikon D5000 Get lost Digital Photography 13 04-16-2009 03:04 AM
Microsoft discontinues JScript support for Internet Explorer VK Javascript 12 04-02-2007 05:25 PM



Advertisments