Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > New Web Code Draws Concern Over Risks to Privacy ( HTML 5 )

Reply
Thread Tools

New Web Code Draws Concern Over Risks to Privacy ( HTML 5 )

 
 
William Brown
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-11-2010

In the next few years, a powerful new suite of capabilities will become
available to Web developers that could give marketers and advertisers
access to many more details about computer usersí online activities.
Nearly everyone who uses the Internet will face the privacy risks that
come with those capabilities, which are an integral part of the Web
language that will soon power the Internet: HTML 5.


http://www.cnbc.com/id/39612433
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
hellicopter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-12-2010
William Brown wrote:

>
> In the next few years, a powerful new suite of capabilities will become
> available to Web developers that could give marketers and advertisers
> access to many more details about computer users’ online activities.
> Nearly everyone who uses the Internet will face the privacy risks that
> come with those capabilities, which are an integral part of the Web
> language that will soon power the Internet: HTML 5.
>
>
> http://www.cnbc.com/id/39612433


An example of abuse of privacy...

Once you know someone spends a lot of time online and
where they live, you pretty much know they are fat,
have exercise issues, and so increased blood pressure.
Now all you need is a bunch of boy racers running around
late enough to exasperate their health and increase the
chances of heart attack.
National have failed to stop the assaults of those with
increased chance of heart attack, by failing to lower
noise levels on cars.
Any disturbance, noise, vibration at night will increase
Adrenalin leading to increase numbers of heart attacks.
A huge new cost on the health service.
Why won't National stop drivers who abuse cars to create
a public nuisance, even possible negligence homicide.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Squiggle
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-12-2010
On 12/10/2010 6:36 p.m., hellicopter threw some characters down the
intarwebs:
> William Brown wrote:
>
>>
>> In the next few years, a powerful new suite of capabilities will become
>> available to Web developers that could give marketers and advertisers
>> access to many more details about computer users’ online activities.
>> Nearly everyone who uses the Internet will face the privacy risks that
>> come with those capabilities, which are an integral part of the Web
>> language that will soon power the Internet: HTML 5.
>>
>>
>> http://www.cnbc.com/id/39612433

>
> An example of abuse of privacy...
>
> Once you know someone spends a lot of time online and
> where they live, you pretty much know they are fat,
> have exercise issues, and so increased blood pressure.
> Now all you need is a bunch of boy racers running around
> late enough to exasperate their health and increase the
> chances of heart attack.
> National have failed to stop the assaults of those with
> increased chance of heart attack, by failing to lower
> noise levels on cars.
> Any disturbance, noise, vibration at night will increase
> Adrenalin leading to increase numbers of heart attacks.
> A huge new cost on the health service.
> Why won't National stop drivers who abuse cars to create
> a public nuisance, even possible negligence homicide.
>
>


Please take your political rants back to nz.general or alt.ranting.idiots
 
Reply With Quote
 
Rhino
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-12-2010
On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 18:36:53 +1300, hellicopter <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>William Brown wrote:
>
>>
>> In the next few years, a powerful new suite of capabilities will become
>> available to Web developers that could give marketers and advertisers
>> access to many more details about computer users? online activities.
>> Nearly everyone who uses the Internet will face the privacy risks that
>> come with those capabilities, which are an integral part of the Web
>> language that will soon power the Internet: HTML 5.
>>
>>
>> http://www.cnbc.com/id/39612433

>
>An example of abuse of privacy...
>
>Once you know someone spends a lot of time online and
>where they live, you pretty much know they are fat,
>have exercise issues, and so increased blood pressure.
>Now all you need is a bunch of boy racers running around
>late enough to exasperate their health and increase the
>chances of heart attack.
>National have failed to stop the assaults of those with
>increased chance of heart attack, by failing to lower
>noise levels on cars.
>Any disturbance, noise, vibration at night will increase
>Adrenalin leading to increase numbers of heart attacks.
>A huge new cost on the health service.
>Why won't National stop drivers who abuse cars to create
>a public nuisance, even possible negligence homicide.
>

What the f**k have you been smoking? Stay out of nz.comp until you
have something sensible to contribute.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Friar Scooter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-12-2010
On , , Tue, 12 Oct 2010 12:29:54 +1300, New Web Code Draws Concern Over Risks to
Privacy ( HTML 5 ), William Brown <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>
>In the next few years, a powerful new suite of capabilities will become
>available to Web developers that could give marketers and advertisers
>access to many more details about computer users’ online activities.
>Nearly everyone who uses the Internet will face the privacy risks that
>come with those capabilities, which are an integral part of the Web
>language that will soon power the Internet: HTML 5.


Who the hell cares?
You only have something to fear if you are doing something wrong.

--
"The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor
to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."
Anatole France.
 
Reply With Quote
 
WD
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-12-2010
On Oct 12, 11:01*pm, Friar Scooter <5c (E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On , , Tue, 12 Oct 2010 12:29:54 +1300, New Web Code Draws Concern Over Risks to
> Privacy *( HTML 5 ), William Brown <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>
>
> >In the next few years, a powerful new suite of capabilities will become
> >available to Web developers that could give marketers and advertisers
> >access to many more details about computer usersí online activities.
> >Nearly everyone who uses the Internet will face the privacy risks that
> >come with those capabilities, which are an integral part of the Web
> >language that will soon power the Internet: HTML 5.

>
> Who the hell cares?
> You only have something to fear if you are doing something wrong.



Goebbels couldn't have said it better.


Weihana.
 
Reply With Quote
 
William Brown
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-12-2010
On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 23:01:16 +1300, Friar Scooter <5c÷‘(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On , , Tue, 12 Oct 2010 12:29:54 +1300, New Web Code Draws Concern Over Risks to
>Privacy ( HTML 5 ), William Brown <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>
>>In the next few years, a powerful new suite of capabilities will become
>>available to Web developers that could give marketers and advertisers
>>access to many more details about computer usersí online activities.
>>Nearly everyone who uses the Internet will face the privacy risks that
>>come with those capabilities, which are an integral part of the Web
>>language that will soon power the Internet: HTML 5.

>
>Who the hell cares?
>You only have something to fear if you are doing something wrong.




Yes but USA Laws are being forts onto us, just look at the Free Trade
conditions, and what Happened to OZ..
 
Reply With Quote
 
William Brown
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-12-2010
On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 23:01:16 +1300, Friar Scooter <5c÷‘(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On , , Tue, 12 Oct 2010 12:29:54 +1300, New Web Code Draws Concern Over Risks to
>Privacy ( HTML 5 ), William Brown <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>
>>In the next few years, a powerful new suite of capabilities will become
>>available to Web developers that could give marketers and advertisers
>>access to many more details about computer usersí online activities.
>>Nearly everyone who uses the Internet will face the privacy risks that
>>come with those capabilities, which are an integral part of the Web
>>language that will soon power the Internet: HTML 5.

>
>Who the hell cares?
>You only have something to fear if you are doing something wrong.




Did you read what News Paper it came from the New York Times, Please
tell me what is Wrong, we don't have US laws here..
 
Reply With Quote
 
John Little
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-12-2010
Rhino wrote:

> What the f**k have you been smoking? *Stay out of nz.comp until you
> have something sensible to contribute.


And Squiggle said:

>Please take your political rants back to nz.general or alt.ranting.idiots.


Hey, don't banish humour from nz.comp!

Regards, John
 
Reply With Quote
 
Friar Scooter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-13-2010
On , , Tue, 12 Oct 2010 03:30:00 -0700 (PDT), Re: New Web Code Draws Concern
Over Risks to Privacy ( HTML 5 ), WD <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Oct 12, 11:01¬*pm, Friar Scooter <5c (E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On , , Tue, 12 Oct 2010 12:29:54 +1300, New Web Code Draws Concern Over Risks to
>> Privacy ¬*( HTML 5 ), William Brown <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>> >In the next few years, a powerful new suite of capabilities will become
>> >available to Web developers that could give marketers and advertisers
>> >access to many more details about computer users’ online activities.
>> >Nearly everyone who uses the Internet will face the privacy risks that
>> >come with those capabilities, which are an integral part of the Web
>> >language that will soon power the Internet: HTML 5.

>>
>> Who the hell cares?
>> You only have something to fear if you are doing something wrong.

>
>
>Goebbels couldn't have said it better.


Here you go with the insults and attempt to smear me by innuendo.
Goebbels wasn't always wrong. In fact he was very good at telling the time
accurately. He was renowned for doing so. He was always synchronising his watch
with a very accurate marine chronometer in the NSDAP headquarters.
Now, try again and tell me why you have such a knee jerk reaction to me saying
what I did.
Feel free to refute what I said, if you can.
I reiterate: If you aren't doing anything wrong, you have nothing to fear..
--
"The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor
to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."
Anatole France.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VOIP over VPN over TCP over WAP over 3G Theo Markettos UK VOIP 2 02-14-2008 03:27 PM
[OT] Perl Code which draws camel Bernhard Walle Perl Misc 7 02-02-2005 09:28 PM
setClip and drawImage draws over parent Seref Arikan Java 3 01-29-2005 10:56 AM
Palindr?me <me8@privacy.net> Calling ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Palindr?me <me8@privacy.net> Heeeelp. MjrTom Computer Support 3 05-01-2004 09:12 PM



Advertisments