Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > When is posting to Usenet using Google going to work again?

When is posting to Usenet using Google going to work again?

Matty F

On Oct 9, 10:37 pm, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Matty... go to NZ Post, buy a Prezzy Card, use it to subscribe to a
> passable Usenet feed. Check my headers for a passable service for a
> token cost, or blow the budget on a premium service for a real cost.

Google is working OK now.
I suspect that Google's rankings for searching the Web are affected by
a number of factors, including perhaps whether Google is used for
posting, the links within the post (which are intercepted by Google
when reading with Google), and the Google ranking of the poster. The
rest of you will be unaware of all that happening.
None of that matters in the least except if I am trying to publicise
something, which should explain why I do the occasional posts that few
reply to, but which appear as a top search result for a Google search
of the web.

Dave Doe

In article <i8pd4s$5b9$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...

> On 9/10/2010 9:07 p.m., Matty F wrote:
> > On Oct 9, 8:17 pm, William Brown<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> Seems that you know very little about Usenet as no one in his right mind
> >> uses Google as the other poster agreed with me..
> >>
> >> Forte Agent will beet any thing that Google has to offer but it seems
> >> to me you dont like paying for any thing...?

> > I have Agent and Gravity. What I don't have is a news server that I
> > can use with those. New ones work for a while then they disappear.
> > You are right, I don't like paying for anything.I don't like giving my
> > credit card details out to just any shonky trader.

> Matty... go to NZ Post, buy a Prezzy Card, use it to subscribe to a
> passable Usenet feed. Check my headers for a passable service for a
> token cost, or blow the budget on a premium service for a real cost.

K - hey why do you think it's (Datemas) much better than say eternal-
september?

--
Duncan.

William Brown

On Sat, 09 Oct 2010 22:33:47 +1300, Rhino <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sat, 9 Oct 2010 01:07:10 -0700 (PDT), Matty F
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>I have Agent and Gravity. What I don't have is a news server that I
>>can use with those. New ones work for a while then they disappear.
>>You are right, I don't like paying for anything.I don't like giving my
>>credit card details out to just any shonky trader.

>It appears that you have at least two good news clients. Check out
>www.supernews.com
>
>I have subscribed for a reasonable fee since 1996 and had no problems.
>Their retention of both text and binary posts is very good.

Easynews is far far better as I have used both..

Gordon

On 2010-10-08, Matty F <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Oct 9, 12:48 pm, William Brown <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On Fri, 8 Oct 2010 15:58:05 -0700 (PDT), Matty F
>>
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> >Since 6 October 2010, instead of posting to Usenet, Google attempts to
>> >send an email that never actually gets there.
>> >There's no way to tell Google this, as they no longer allow posting to
>> >their Help groups.

>> Why not use a Real News server

> Because all the ones I have used don't work any more and I'm sick of
> finding new ones. Google usually works OK.

Then STFU.