Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > toolbar problem

toolbar problem

John Little

Dave Doe asked:

> Well can you provide some evidence?

Well, sorry, I didn't take screen shots and document exactly what
mouse actions I tried starting from each shot. If it ever happens
again to me, maybe I'll try, but don't hold your breath, since I'm
rarely on XP these days.

Regards, John

Dave Doe

In article <147be1b2-7ed0-4af1-af19-7481a48f7b04
@l38g2000pro.googlegroups.com>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...

> Dave Doe asked:
>
> > Well can you provide some evidence?

> Well, sorry, I didn't take screen shots and document exactly what
> mouse actions I tried starting from each shot. If it ever happens
> again to me, maybe I'll try, but don't hold your breath, since I'm
> rarely on XP these days.
>
> Regards, John

You'll probably have noted that the OP figured it out based on some web
pages with some pics to help out. So it was a "needed to find out how
to drive it properly" thing, and not a problem with XP.

I get this kinda thing sometimes with entire screens. The phone goes
and "my screen has gone sideways" (or upside down). "I turned the
computer on and it was like that". Yeah right. In reality, I bet what
happenned is they were in the desktop properties and they found and
clicked a Rotate button - but nothing happenned, so they clicked OK (to
apply and exit). In the chit, they rebooted thinking it would come
right. Something like that.

--
Duncan.

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Geopelia wrote:
> Thanks to all, the problem is now fixed and I've locked the taskbar.

Great result Geo, good that you can do it yourself (with a little help)
rather than have to pay someone to do it. Not many people in your position
show that much initiative, well done.
--
Shaun.

into you." Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Geopelia

news:i905vj$3tr$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Geopelia wrote:
>> Thanks to all, the problem is now fixed and I've locked the taskbar.

> Great result Geo, good that you can do it yourself (with a little help)
> rather than have to pay someone to do it. Not many people in your position
> show that much initiative, well done.

Thanks. I'd be lost without help from the kind folks here, though.

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Geopelia wrote:
> "~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:i905vj$3tr$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Geopelia wrote:
>>> Thanks to all, the problem is now fixed and I've locked the taskbar.

>> Great result Geo, good that you can do it yourself (with a little
>> help) rather than have to pay someone to do it. Not many people in
>> your position show that much initiative, well done.

> Thanks. I'd be lost without help from the kind folks here, though.

So would I sometimes. That's what makes this group great (if you can filter
out all of the 'noise'). I'm just grateful that knowledgable, helpful people
still post here even though the group's largely become akin to a primary
school playground.
--
Cheers,