Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > How to define a whole XML document as parameter when calling a method?

How to define a whole XML document as parameter when calling a method?

Gianni Galore

Assume I want to pass a whole XML document from one class to another similar to:

public void parentmethod() {
XMLdoc myxml = ......
XMLdoc xmlresult = calledsubmethod(myxml);
}

XMLdoc calledsubmethod(XMLdoc xmlinstance) {
...<modify xmlinstance>...
return xmlinstance;
}

Unfortunately the code above does not work.

How else can I pass an XML doc from one method to another?

Gianni