Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Aspose.Newsletter October 2010 Edition is out now

Aspose.Newsletter October 2010 Edition is out now

sherazam sherazam is offline
Senior Member

Aspose Newsletter for October 2010 has now been published that highlights all the newly supported features offered in the recent releases of its JasperReports exporters, SQL Server rendering extensions, .NET, Java & SharePoint components. This month’s technical article shows how to calculate the total through RuleSet actions. Also examples of Tables created on a PowerPoint presentation slide using both VSTO & Aspose.Slides for .NET and a demo for adding an image to an existing PDF file.

Aspose announces the Q3 2010 release of Aspose.Total

This month sees the release of the Q3 2010 release of our product suites, Aspose.Total, platform-specific compilations that bring together all of our components. Aspose.Total contains all the new features, fixes and improvements that we have made on our products since the last big release. The latest version of Aspose.Total for .NET, Aspose.Total for Java, Aspose.Total for Reporting Services and Aspose.Total for JasperReports are available to download now.

Product Spotlight - Aspose.Network for .NET

Aspose.Network for .NET is a suite of flexible and easy-to-use .NET components for professional network programming. Aspose.Network for .NET includes implementation of most of the widely used network protocols as well as many utility classes to facilitate common development tasks. Aspose.Network for .NET also provides classes and algorithms which offer a simple, standards-based interface that can support time-oriented recurrence patterns or schedules.

Technical Article – Calculate the total through RuleSet actions

Microsoft Office InfoPath allows you to set a formula as the value of a field with the help of which you can calculate the sum of a column of the repeating table and display that sum in a new field. If you load the InfoPath form in Aspose.Form for .NET you’ll find that we don’t support that feature yet. Don’t let that stop you - we have a work around. Aspose.Form for .NET allows you to do the same thing using RuleSet actions.

Updates about new product releases

1. Aspose.Cells for Java v2.4.0 - Sheet to image, sheet to print and workbook to print features are supported
2. Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java v3.3.0a - Extract text, replace text, import XML, flatten fields features are improved
3. Aspose.Network for .NET v5.6.0 - MSG and PST feature improvements
4. Aspose.BarCode for Java v2.3.0 - Aztec 2D barcode recognition supported
5. Aspose.Report for .NET v3.0.0 - Control the width or dash style of a legend marker through API or XML
6. Aspose.Flash for .NET v3.2.0 - SVG to SWF conversion improved
7. Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services v1.8.0 - Report viewer in local mode, HTML text, table of contents
8. Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET v4.8.0 - Encryption, filling and flattening form fields, concatenation and XMP metadata features are improved
9. Aspose.Form for .NET v3.1.0 - Convert InfoPath forms to PDF or PDF/A in web or desktop applications
10. Aspose.Tasks for .NET v3.2.0 - Calculate BCWS, BCWP, ACWP and CV values from project files
11. Aspose.Words for .NET v9.4.0 - Great OOXML improvements
12. Aspose.Report for Java v2.1.0 - Create charts in your applications targeting Java 1.4 or 1.5 environment

Tutorial Video – Adding an image to an existing PDF file

In this video tutorial we show you just how easy it is to add an image to an existing PDF file using Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET. We create a simple .NET application that adds an image to an existing PDF document and then saves it.

Migration from Microsoft Office Automation to Aspose with Aspose.Slides for .NET

Tables can be created on a PowerPoint presentation slide using both VSTO and Aspose.Slides for .NET. Examples of both of these approaches are presented in our migration article. Using Aspose.Slides for .NET for this same task is simple and easy to implement.

Contact Information
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066