Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: OT - for the bikers here! :)

Re: OT - for the bikers here! :)

chuckcar

On 06 Oct 2010, you wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> When BMW dropped its stunning Concept 6 out of the blue last year, the
> intention to revive the inline six was clear… and here it is. The new K
> 1600 GT and K 1600 GTL touring motorcycles are being offered with the
> company's 6-cylinder in-line engine – a 118 kW (160 bhp) unit producing
> maximum torque of 175 Nm which, at 102.6 kg, is billed as the lightest
> and most compact serial production 6-cylinder in-line engine in a
> motorcycle over 1000 cc to date.
>
> http://www.gizmag.com/bmw-k1600-six-...rcycles/16578/

Can't say I think much for the fairing in that first shot. What's
the point in a straight 6 if you can't see it?

This is the shot you want:

http://www.gizmag.com/bmw-k1600-six-...icture/122468/
--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

chuckcar

~BD~ <~BD~@nomail.afraid.org> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> chuckcar wrote:
>> On 06 Oct 2010, you wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>>
>>> When BMW dropped its stunning Concept 6 out of the blue last year,
>>> the intention to revive the inline six was clear… and here it is.
>>> The new K 1600 GT and K 1600 GTL touring motorcycles are being
>>> offered with the company's 6-cylinder in-line engine – a 118 kW (160
>>> bhp) unit producing maximum torque of 175 Nm which, at 102.6 kg, is
>>> billed as the lightest and most compact serial production 6-cylinder
>>> in-line engine in a motorcycle over 1000 cc to date.
>>>
>>> http://www.gizmag.com/bmw-k1600-six-...rcycles/16578/
>>>

>> Can't say I think much for the fairing in that first shot. What's
>> the point in a straight 6 if you can't see it?
>>
>> This is the shot you want:
>>
>> http://www.gizmag.com/bmw-k1600-six-.../16578/picture
>> /122468/

> As this one shows clearly, there were 267 from which to choose!

And none of the shots show the front of the engine any differently.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )