Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Computer starts up but then will not respond.

Computer starts up but then will not respond.

Colin Trunt

Ok so it boots up OK semingly, the system configuratin utility
window pops up as per normal (well for my set-up anyway).
At the is point the system is normall ready to use, however I cannot do
anything, I can move the mouse, if I click the X (exit) box on the system
config util
I normally get an hour glass and then can't do anything else then, the
keyboard is not
responsive at this point. If i do not click close on the SCU I usually
cannot
do anything else, thypically if I drag the mouse to the taskbar at the
bottom an hour glass
appears and generally clicking on anything does not work.

If this happens I normally reboot, and usually that clears it, however
sometimes it
does not so I reboot into recovery, this recovery starts off normally but
ends in
a blue screen with a :-
STOP C0000021a error (further error code is 0xc0000034) the same as is
described here
however I seem to be in better shape than that guy as I have so far always
managed to boot up eventually,
Obviously it is a bit worrying.

Of course this errror may be unrelated to the freezing, I do not usualy use
the recovery thing.

A few things I should mention, this problem may have appeared after an
upgrade to my COMODO firewall.
So I will try and uninstall that and revert to the old firewall. (Sunbelt).

I did a vurus scan and it did pick up something but that is removed and I
still
have the error.

"C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Application
Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\nJS .jar-744ebcf3-6300323e.zip:\HiPointInstallShieldJS.class";"Troja n
horse Exploit_c.KXO";"Moved to Virus Vault"

"C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Application
Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\nJS .jar-744ebcf3-6300323e.zip";"Trojan
horse Exploit_c.KXO";"Moved to Virus Vault"

"C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Application
Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\nJS .jar-427c8dc2-17a70490.zip:\HiPointInstallShieldJS.class";"Troja n
horse Exploit_c.KXO";"Moved to Virus Vault"

"C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Application
Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\nJS .jar-427c8dc2-17a70490.zip";"Trojan
horse Exploit_c.KXO";"Moved to Virus Vault"

So any ideas?

I will try removing the firewall and see if that helps.

TIA

Colin Trunt

"Colin Trunt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:HM2ro.49173$(E-Mail Removed)2...
> Ok so it boots up OK semingly, the system configuratin utility
> window pops up as per normal (well for my set-up anyway).
> At the is point the system is normall ready to use, however I cannot do
> anything, I can move the mouse, if I click the X (exit) box on the system
> config util
> I normally get an hour glass and then can't do anything else then, the
> keyboard is not
> responsive at this point. If i do not click close on the SCU I usually
> cannot
> do anything else, thypically if I drag the mouse to the taskbar at the
> bottom an hour glass
> appears and generally clicking on anything does not work.
>
> If this happens I normally reboot, and usually that clears it, however
> sometimes it
> does not so I reboot into recovery, this recovery starts off normally but
> ends in
> a blue screen with a :-
> STOP C0000021a error (further error code is 0xc0000034) the same as is
> described here
> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic339940.html
> however I seem to be in better shape than that guy as I have so far always
> managed to boot up eventually,
> Obviously it is a bit worrying.
>
> Of course this errror may be unrelated to the freezing, I do not usualy
> use
> the recovery thing.
>
> A few things I should mention, this problem may have appeared after an
> upgrade to my COMODO firewall.
> So I will try and uninstall that and revert to the old firewall.
> (Sunbelt).
>

> I did a vurus scan and it did pick up something but that is removed and I
> still
> have the error.
>

> "C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Application
> Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\nJS .jar-744ebcf3-6300323e.zip:\HiPointInstallShieldJS.class";"Troja n
> horse Exploit_c.KXO";"Moved to Virus Vault"
>

> "C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Application
> Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\nJS .jar-744ebcf3-6300323e.zip";"Trojan
> horse Exploit_c.KXO";"Moved to Virus Vault"
>
> "C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Application
> Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\nJS .jar-427c8dc2-17a70490.zip:\HiPointInstallShieldJS.class";"Troja n
> horse Exploit_c.KXO";"Moved to Virus Vault"
>
> "C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Application
> Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\nJS .jar-427c8dc2-17a70490.zip";"Trojan
> horse Exploit_c.KXO";"Moved to Virus Vault"
>

> So any ideas?
>
> I will try removing the firewall and see if that helps.
>

> TIA

Actually the date on the dump file is 2nd augest so it's an old file and
of no help here.

Colin Trunt

"Colin Trunt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1P2ro.49174$(E-Mail Removed)2...

> "Colin Trunt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:HM2ro.49173$(E-Mail Removed)2...
>> Ok so it boots up OK semingly, the system configuratin utility
>> window pops up as per normal (well for my set-up anyway).
>> At the is point the system is normall ready to use, however I cannot do
>> anything, I can move the mouse, if I click the X (exit) box on the system
>> config util
>> I normally get an hour glass and then can't do anything else then, the
>> keyboard is not
>> responsive at this point. If i do not click close on the SCU I usually
>> cannot
>> do anything else, thypically if I drag the mouse to the taskbar at the
>> bottom an hour glass
>> appears and generally clicking on anything does not work.
>>
>> If this happens I normally reboot, and usually that clears it, however
>> sometimes it
>> does not so I reboot into recovery, this recovery starts off normally but
>> ends in
>> a blue screen with a :-
>> STOP C0000021a error (further error code is 0xc0000034) the same as is
>> described here
>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic339940.html
>> however I seem to be in better shape than that guy as I have so far
>> always
>> managed to boot up eventually,
>> Obviously it is a bit worrying.
>>
>> Of course this errror may be unrelated to the freezing, I do not usualy
>> use
>> the recovery thing.
>>
>> A few things I should mention, this problem may have appeared after an
>> upgrade to my COMODO firewall.
>> So I will try and uninstall that and revert to the old firewall.
>> (Sunbelt).
>>

>> I did a vurus scan and it did pick up something but that is removed and I
>> still
>> have the error.
>>

>> "C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Application
>> Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\nJS .jar-744ebcf3-6300323e.zip:\HiPointInstallShieldJS.class";"Troja n
>> horse Exploit_c.KXO";"Moved to Virus Vault"
>>

>> "C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Application
>> Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\nJS .jar-744ebcf3-6300323e.zip";"Trojan
>> horse Exploit_c.KXO";"Moved to Virus Vault"
>>
>> "C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Application
>> Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\nJS .jar-427c8dc2-17a70490.zip:\HiPointInstallShieldJS.class";"Troja n
>> horse Exploit_c.KXO";"Moved to Virus Vault"
>>
>> "C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Application
>> Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\nJS .jar-427c8dc2-17a70490.zip";"Trojan
>> horse Exploit_c.KXO";"Moved to Virus Vault"
>>

>> So any ideas?
>>
>> I will try removing the firewall and see if that helps.
>>

>> TIA
>>

> Actually the date on the dump file is 2nd augest so it's an old file and
> of no help here.

OK I have removed COMODO firewall and booted up OK
on the Sunbelt firewall.

That proves nothing really as the fault was intermittant, but I will keep
it as it is and see if I get the problem again.

Firewalls and anti virus software have always been a source of
problems for me in the past.
Sometimes I feel I would have less trouble "unprotected" - lol.

Colin Trunt

"Colin Trunt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1b3ro.41835$(E-Mail Removed)2...

> [...]
>>> horse Exploit_c.KXO";"Moved to Virus Vault"
>>>
>>> "C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Application
>>> Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\nJS .jar-427c8dc2-17a70490.zip";"Trojan
>>> horse Exploit_c.KXO";"Moved to Virus Vault"
>>>

>>> So any ideas?
>>>
>>> I will try removing the firewall and see if that helps.
>>>

>>> TIA
>>>

>> Actually the date on the dump file is 2nd augest so it's an old file and
>> of no help here.
>>>

> OK I have removed COMODO firewall and booted up OK
> on the Sunbelt firewall.
>

> That proves nothing really as the fault was intermittant, but I will keep
> it as it is and see if I get the problem again.
>
> Firewalls and anti virus software have always been a source of
> problems for me in the past.
> Sometimes I feel I would have less trouble "unprotected" - lol.

No problems booting up today anyway.

So far so good.

Colin Trunt

"Colin Trunt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:NQlro.58264$(E-Mail Removed)2...

> "Colin Trunt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:1b3ro.41835$(E-Mail Removed)2...
>>
>> "Colin Trunt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:1P2ro.49174$(E-Mail Removed)2...
>>>
>>> "Colin Trunt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:HM2ro.49173$(E-Mail Removed)2...

>>> Actually the date on the dump file is 2nd augest so it's an old file and
>>> of no help here.
>>>>

>> OK I have removed COMODO firewall and booted up OK
>> on the Sunbelt firewall.
>>

>> That proves nothing really as the fault was intermittant, but I will keep
>> it as it is and see if I get the problem again.
>>
>> Firewalls and anti virus software have always been a source of
>> problems for me in the past.
>> Sometimes I feel I would have less trouble "unprotected" - lol.

> No problems booting up today anyway.
>
> So far so good.

WEl I am talking to myself here but I have not had the problem since
I made the changes.
I strongly susect Comodo as it seems to at about the time it loads, it
douobt
it was the java 'virus'.

When I am convinved it is clear I might reinstall Comodo and see if I
can get the problem back 9as daft as that sounds), however it happened
after an 'over the air' upgrade to Comodo so it woudl not be exacctly
the same situation.

Colin Trunt

"Colin Trunt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news2Hro.1119$(E-Mail Removed)2...

> "Colin Trunt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:NQlro.58264$(E-Mail Removed)2...
>>
>> "Colin Trunt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:1b3ro.41835$(E-Mail Removed)2...
>>>
>>> "Colin Trunt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:1P2ro.49174$(E-Mail Removed)2...

>>> OK I have removed COMODO firewall and booted up OK
>>> on the Sunbelt firewall.
>>>

>>> That proves nothing really as the fault was intermittant, but I will
>>> keep
>>> it as it is and see if I get the problem again.
>>>
>>> Firewalls and anti virus software have always been a source of
>>> problems for me in the past.
>>> Sometimes I feel I would have less trouble "unprotected" - lol.

>> No problems booting up today anyway.
>>
>> So far so good.

> WEl I am talking to myself here but I have not had the problem since
> I made the changes.
> I strongly susect Comodo as it seems to at about the time it loads, it
> douobt
> it was the java 'virus'.
>
> When I am convinved it is clear I might reinstall Comodo and see if I
> can get the problem back 9as daft as that sounds), however it happened
> after an 'over the air' upgrade to Comodo so it woudl not be exacctly
> the same situation.

Still no probs.

Colin Trunt

"Colin Trunt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:BDlso.17961$(E-Mail Removed)2...

> "Colin Trunt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news2Hro.1119$(E-Mail Removed)2...
>>
>> "Colin Trunt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:NQlro.58264$(E-Mail Removed)2...
>>>
>>> "Colin Trunt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:1b3ro.41835$(E-Mail Removed)2...

>>> No problems booting up today anyway.
>>>
>>> So far so good.

>> WEl I am talking to myself here but I have not had the problem since
>> I made the changes.
>> I strongly susect Comodo as it seems to at about the time it loads, it
>> douobt
>> it was the java 'virus'.
>>
>> When I am convinved it is clear I might reinstall Comodo and see if I
>> can get the problem back 9as daft as that sounds), however it happened
>> after an 'over the air' upgrade to Comodo so it woudl not be exacctly
>> the same situation.
>>

> Still no probs.

No probs looks like it was the firewal.

Night re install it but I ned a back up boot system
will check my ubuntu still works.

Colin Trunt

"Colin Trunt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news1lto.16022$(E-Mail Removed)2...

> "Colin Trunt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:BDlso.17961$(E-Mail Removed)2...
>>
>> "Colin Trunt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news2Hro.1119$(E-Mail Removed)2...
>>>
>>> "Colin Trunt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:NQlro.58264$(E-Mail Removed)2...

>>> WEl I am talking to myself here but I have not had the problem since
>>> I made the changes.
>>> I strongly susect Comodo as it seems to at about the time it loads, it
>>> douobt
>>> it was the java 'virus'.
>>>
>>> When I am convinved it is clear I might reinstall Comodo and see if I
>>> can get the problem back 9as daft as that sounds), however it happened
>>> after an 'over the air' upgrade to Comodo so it woudl not be exacctly
>>> the same situation.
>>>

>> Still no probs.
>>

> No probs looks like it was the firewal.
>
> Night re install it but I ned a back up boot system
> will check my ubuntu still works.

Wel the problem has definately gone away.
Sticking with my old firewall.