Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Hughesnet is damn fast!

Hughesnet is damn fast!

G. Morgan

OldGringo38 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>should have been .107ms sorry.

You were right the first time. .107 ms is 107 Ás (microseconds)

* The average human eye blink takes 350,000 microseconds.
* A camera flash illuminates for 100,000 microseconds.
* Standard camera shutter speed opens the shutter for 8,000 microseconds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsecond

G. Morgan

"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Some intelligent creature a couple million light years away might
>> eventually be reading your posts.

>If the creature is intelligent enough to be reading Usenet from 2m light
>years, it has exercised its *killfile* for RtS!

I hope they don't think his comments represent all of humanity.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

G. Morgan wrote:

> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
>> [Alec Lourmier wrote:]
>>> Some intelligent creature a couple million light years away might
>>> eventually be reading your posts.

>> If the creature is intelligent enough to be reading Usenet from 2m
>> light years, it has exercised its *killfile* for RtS!

> I hope they don't think his comments represent all of humanity.

Hmm, if they do, it may be a blessing in disguise. They might think that
Earth is not worth invading! <lol> [if they are as warlike as we are]

--
-bts

G. Morgan

"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>G. Morgan wrote:

>>> If the creature is intelligent enough to be reading Usenet from 2m
>>> light years, it has exercised its *killfile* for RtS!

>> I hope they don't think his comments represent all of humanity.

>Hmm, if they do, it may be a blessing in disguise. They might think that
>Earth is not worth invading! <lol> [if they are as warlike as we are]

Right! They will give us a few more millenniums to evolve.

OldGringo38

On 10/6/2010 12:34 PM Just to please that super-ego, G. Morgan wrote the
following tidbit of information:
> OldGringo38<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> should have been .107ms sorry.

> You were right the first time. .107 ms is 107 Ás (microseconds)
>
> * The average human eye blink takes 350,000 microseconds.
> * A camera flash illuminates for 100,000 microseconds.
> * Standard camera shutter speed opens the shutter for 8,000 microseconds.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsecond

Thanks

--
OldGringo38
Just West Of Nowhere

Bucky Breeder

G. Morgan <(E-Mail Removed)> via
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> OldGringo38 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> should have been .107ms sorry.

> You were right the first time. .107 ms is 107 Ás (microseconds)
>
> * The average human eye blink takes 350,000 microseconds.
> * A camera flash illuminates for 100,000 microseconds.
> * Standard camera shutter speed opens the shutter for 8,000
> microseconds.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsecond

How 'bout farts?

HTH.

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and EVERYBODY knows
that the "U" in "UFO" stands for "WTF"!

OMG... All me pikktures am simulated :

http://coedmagazine.com/2010/09/27/k...ob-bounce-gif/

Repent! The end is near... Or, good luck if there's an apocalypse.

Bucky Breeder

Beauregard T. Shagnasty <(E-Mail Removed)> via
news:i8glgl$14h$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org:

> Alec Lourmier wrote:
>
>> richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> For once, I've got a motel that has hughesnet. I clicked on google to
>>> check the status and before I could blink, the page had loaded!
>>> Usually I have to wait upwards of 10 seconds for google to load.
>>>
>>> It's one of those cases where seeing is believing.

>> All those packets flying through the air. You never know who's
>> listening.
>>
>> Some intelligent creature a couple million light years away might
>> eventually be reading your posts.

> If the creature is intelligent enough to be reading Usenet from 2m light
> years, it has exercised its *killfile* for RtS!

If the creature is reading usenet from 2 million light years...
He must be really OLD! (And very easily entertained.
I'll bet we can conquer them with re-runs of 'I Love Lucy'.)

HTH.

--

Bucky Breeder <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.i t.out> wrote:

>> * The average human eye blink takes 350,000 microseconds.
>> * A camera flash illuminates for 100,000 microseconds.
>> * Standard camera shutter speed opens the shutter for 8,000
>> microseconds.
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsecond

>How 'bout farts?

I guess that would depend on the aperture size.

hughesnet satellite richard Computer Support 3 03-15-2008 02:50 PM
damn loop John Smith Cisco 3 03-17-2005 05:13 AM
Why is my Mozilla so damn slow? Jukka Hellen Firefox 3 11-27-2003 04:10 AM
Damn Virus People Kendal Emery MCSE 9 09-22-2003 06:42 PM
Datagrid doesn't refresh after databind - (Damn It) Admin ASP .Net 0 07-08-2003 03:35 AM

Advertisments