Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Hughesnet is damn fast!

Hughesnet is damn fast!

richard

For once, I've got a motel that has hughesnet. I clicked on google to check
the status and before I could blink, the page had loaded! Usually I have to
wait upwards of 10 seconds for google to load.

It's one of those cases where seeing is believing.

G. Morgan

richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>For once, I've got a motel that has hughesnet. I clicked on google to check
>the status and before I could blink, the page had loaded! Usually I have to
>wait upwards of 10 seconds for google to load.
>
>It's one of those cases where seeing is believing.

<yawn> So what?

Meat Plow

On Tue, 05 Oct 2010 16:00:09 -0400, richard wrote:

> For once, I've got a motel that has hughesnet. I clicked on google to
> check the status and before I could blink, the page had loaded! Usually
> I have to wait upwards of 10 seconds for google to load.
>
> It's one of those cases where seeing is believing.

Google opens here before I click in it.

richard

On Tue, 05 Oct 2010 14:41:36 -0600, §nühw¤£f wrote:

> In message <812638sud8hy$(E-Mail Removed)>, richard pondered the following:
>> For once, I've got a motel that has hughesnet. I clicked on google to check
>> the status and before I could blink, the page had loaded! Usually I have to
>> wait upwards of 10 seconds for google to load.
>>
>> It's one of those cases where seeing is believing.

> Uhhhhhh..."page cached locally" ring any bells?

Yes but even so, igoogle always takes forever to load. It really can't be
cached because the content changes frequently every day.

Jordon

The Old Sourdough wrote:
> Meat Plow mumbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>> On Tue, 05 Oct 2010 16:00:09 -0400, richard wrote:

>>> For once, I've got a motel that has hughesnet. I clicked on google to
>>> check the status and before I could blink, the page had loaded! Usually
>>> I have to wait upwards of 10 seconds for google to load.
>>>
>>> It's one of those cases where seeing is believing.

>> Google opens here before I click in it.

> Google opened yesterday, and I didn't even click on
> it 'til today...

I invented Google, so for me, it's always been open
and I never clicked on it.

OldGringo38

On 10/5/2010 3:00 PM Just to please that super-ego, richard wrote the
following tidbit of information:
> For once, I've got a motel that has hughesnet. I clicked on google to check
> the status and before I could blink, the page had loaded! Usually I have to
> wait upwards of 10 seconds for google to load.
>
> It's one of those cases where seeing is believing.

Congratulations. Google with the new background image loads here in 107
ms from scratch.

--
OldGringo38
Just West Of Nowhere

OldGringo38

On 10/5/2010 3:00 PM Just to please that super-ego, richard wrote the
following tidbit of information:
> For once, I've got a motel that has hughesnet. I clicked on google to check
> the status and before I could blink, the page had loaded! Usually I have to
> wait upwards of 10 seconds for google to load.
>
> It's one of those cases where seeing is believing.

Congratulations. Google with the new background image loads here in 107
ms from scratch. should have been .107ms sorry.

--
OldGringo38
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Alec Lourmier wrote:

> richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> For once, I've got a motel that has hughesnet. I clicked on google to
>> check the status and before I could blink, the page had loaded!
>> Usually I have to wait upwards of 10 seconds for google to load.
>>
>> It's one of those cases where seeing is believing.

> All those packets flying through the air. You never know who's
> listening.
>
> Some intelligent creature a couple million light years away might
> eventually be reading your posts.

If the creature is intelligent enough to be reading Usenet from 2m light
years, it has exercised its *killfile* for RtS!

--
-bts

Mike Yetto

Jordon <jordon@REMOVE~THISmyrealbox.com> writes and having writ moves on.
>The Old Sourdough wrote:
>> Meat Plow mumbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

>>> Google opens here before I click in it.

>> Google opened yesterday, and I didn't even click on
>> it 'til today...

>I invented Google, so for me, it's always been open
>and I never clicked on it.

It just opened here. I guess I'll have to click on it next week.

Mike "or causality will have been fscked" Yetto
In practice they are not.

Bucky Breeder

Jordon <jordon@REMOVE~THISmyrealbox.com>
via news:i8g9uc$n38$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org:

> The Old Sourdough wrote:
>> Meat Plow mumbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

>>> Google opens here before I click in it.

>> Google opened yesterday, and I didn't even click on
>> it 'til today...

> I invented Google, so for me, it's always been open
> and I never clicked on it.

All I have to do is *think* "what is..."
or "where is..." or "how does anyone..."
or "when did..." and Google starts up!!!

Sometimes it says "Did you mean..."

And I say "Well, I guess I did."

Or I just buy 2... so as to be safe!

HTH.

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and EVERYBODY knows
that the "U" in "UFO" stands for "WTF"!

Repent! The end is near... Or, good luck if there's an apocalypse.

hughesnet satellite richard Computer Support 3 03-15-2008 02:50 PM
damn loop John Smith Cisco 3 03-17-2005 05:13 AM
Why is my Mozilla so damn slow? Jukka Hellen Firefox 3 11-27-2003 04:10 AM
Damn Virus People Kendal Emery MCSE 9 09-22-2003 06:42 PM
Datagrid doesn't refresh after databind - (Damn It) Admin ASP .Net 0 07-08-2003 03:35 AM

Advertisments