Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Emails formatted as html docs ?

Emails formatted as html docs ?

Mel Smith

Hi:

I'll be sending out emails (programmatically) to a bunch of clients.

If I build the body of these emails as html docs (as opposed to plain
text), what should my guidelines/responsibilities be in the creation and
transmission of them ?

Thanks,
--
Mel Smith

dorayme

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Ed Mullen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Mel Smith wrote:
> > Hi:
> >
> > I'll be sending out emails (programmatically) to a bunch of clients.
> >
> > If I build the body of these emails as html docs (as opposed to plain
> > text), what should my guidelines/responsibilities be in the creation and
> > transmission of them ?
> >
> > Thanks,

> Just musing here, your situation isn't entirely clear to me so just a
> few thoughts.
>
> 1. Ask them if they will accept HTML emails

I dunno about this. They probably don't even know what it means
and would you really want to be explaining if they did not and
would they have the time to listen?

> 2. Use links to content instead of embedding pics, audio, video etc.
> 3. Advise them that they may have to tell their email client to allow
> remote content

Perhaps not even this But, I suppose, I would not send them html
emails, rather I would send them a link to an html page. They can
bookmark it if they want, or simply keep your email for
reference. The advantages is that you put it in one place, you
have transmitted it once and it is there for all to see if they
want to see it. It is sort of more gentle, softer, more asian,
less western pushy. Your life and theirs will bathe in better
karma.

--
dorayme

Mel Smith