Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Evolution

Evolution

Whiskers

On 2010-10-03, Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

[...]

> My jokes require a certain amount of intellect to be be funny. Usually
> around an IQ of 70.
>
> HTH

Let us know if you acquire the intellect to make your jokes funny. (You
did rather ask for that!) <WEG>

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Brian Cryer

"OldGringo38" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:i89qjh$4de$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> Is this all there is to it?

Did you read the Emporer's New Clothes at school? That about sums it up.

I'm Old Gregg

"Brian Cryer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:i8c62o$64j$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> "OldGringo38" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:i89qjh$4de$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>> Is this all there is to it?

Did Blinky get it right.

Life Explained

On the first day, God created the cow. God said, "You must go to the field
with the farmer all day long and suffer under the sun, have calves and give
milk to support the farmer. I will give you a lifespan of 60 years." The cow
said, "That's kind of a tough life you want me to live for 60 years. Let me
have 20 and I'll give back the other 40."

And God agreed.

On the second day, God created the monkey. God said, "Entertain people, do
monkey tricks, make them laugh I'll give you a 20-year lifespan." The monkey
said, "How boring, monkey tricks for 20 years? I don't think so. Give me 10
years and I'll give you back the other 10."

God agreed again.

On the third day, God created the dog. God said, "Sit all day by the door of
your house and bark at anyone who comes in or walks past. I will give you a
lifespan of 20 years." The dog said, "That's too long to be barking. The
monkey gave you back 10, so that's what I'll do too, okay?"

God sighed - and agreed.

On the fourth day, God created man. God said, "Eat, sleep, play, have sex,
enjoy. Do nothing, just enjoy. I'll give you 20 years." Man said, "That
sounds great - but only 20 years? No way, man. Tell you what, I'll take the
20, and the 40 the cow gave back, and the 10 the monkey gave back and the 10
the dog gave back - that makes 80, okay?"

"Oh, all right," said God, "you've got a deal."

And this is why the first 20 years we eat, sleep, play, have sex, enjoy, and
do nothing; for the next 40 years we slave in the sun to support our family;
for the next 10 years we do monkey tricks to entertain the grandchildren;
and for the last 10 years we just sit on the porch and bark at everyone.

Blink the Shark

O.G.

OldGringo38

On 10/4/2010 8:37 AM Just to please that super-ego, I'm Old Gregg wrote
the following tidbit of information:
> "Brian Cryer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:i8c62o$64j$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>> "OldGringo38" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:i89qjh$4de$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>>> Is this all there is to it?

> Did Blinky get it right.
>
> Life Explained
>
> On the first day, God created the cow. God said, "You must go to the
> field with the farmer all day long and suffer under the sun, have calves
> and give milk to support the farmer. I will give you a lifespan of 60
> years." The cow said, "That's kind of a tough life you want me to live
> for 60 years. Let me have 20 and I'll give back the other 40."
>
> And God agreed.
>
> On the second day, God created the monkey. God said, "Entertain people,
> do monkey tricks, make them laugh I'll give you a 20-year lifespan." The
> monkey said, "How boring, monkey tricks for 20 years? I don't think so.
> Give me 10 years and I'll give you back the other 10."
>
> God agreed again.
>
> On the third day, God created the dog. God said, "Sit all day by the
> door of your house and bark at anyone who comes in or walks past. I will
> give you a lifespan of 20 years." The dog said, "That's too long to be
> barking. The monkey gave you back 10, so that's what I'll do too, okay?"
>
> God sighed - and agreed.
>
> On the fourth day, God created man. God said, "Eat, sleep, play, have
> sex, enjoy. Do nothing, just enjoy. I'll give you 20 years." Man said,
> "That sounds great - but only 20 years? No way, man. Tell you what, I'll
> take the 20, and the 40 the cow gave back, and the 10 the monkey gave
> back and the 10 the dog gave back - that makes 80, okay?"
>
> "Oh, all right," said God, "you've got a deal."
>
> And this is why the first 20 years we eat, sleep, play, have sex, enjoy,
> and do nothing; for the next 40 years we slave in the sun to support our
> family; for the next 10 years we do monkey tricks to entertain the
> grandchildren; and for the last 10 years we just sit on the porch and
> bark at everyone.
>
> Blink the Shark
>

> O.G.

<g> How fun. <g>

--
OldGringo38
Just West Of Nowhere

Anyone

On 10/03/2010 06:17 AM, Meat Plow wrote:
> On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 06:49:06 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:
>
>> Is this all there is to it?

> If man evolved from ape, why don't we see apes turning into men now?

I'm amazed at the number of wanna-be leaders, of -national- prominence
no less, who still don't grasp the concept.

Mike Easter

Anyone wrote:
> Meat Plow wrote:
>> OldGringo38 wrote:
>>
>>> Is this all there is to it?

>> If man evolved from ape, why don't we see apes turning into men now?

> I'm amazed at the number of wanna-be leaders, of -national- prominence
> no less, who still don't grasp the concept.

You people need to get with the program.

The old 'evolutionary theory' has been replaced by the newer/modern
evolutionary - neo-darwinian - synthesis.

Wikipedia has a nice article about it.

Realize that Darwin didn't know the first thing about DNA or genetics;
also realize that there was a lot of evolutionary thought /before/
Darwin, and a ton of 'evolution' - change - of scientific evolutionary
thought since then.

--
Mike Easter

Anyone

On Mon, 04 Oct 2010 11:25:54 -0700, Mike Easter wrote:

> Anyone wrote:
>> Meat Plow wrote:

>>> If man evolved from ape, why don't we see apes turning into men now?

>> I'm amazed at the number of wanna-be leaders, of -national- prominence
>> no less, who still don't grasp the concept.

> You people need to get with the program.
>
> The old 'evolutionary theory' has been replaced by the newer/modern
> evolutionary - neo-darwinian - synthesis.
>
> Wikipedia has a nice article about it.
>
> Realize that Darwin didn't know the first thing about DNA or genetics;
> also realize that there was a lot of evolutionary thought /before/
> Darwin, and a ton of 'evolution' - change - of scientific evolutionary
> thought since then.

Who claimed otherwise? Darwin acknowledged gaps in his own thinking on
the topic.

If self-appointed visionaries cannot grasp fundamental concepts of the
original theory, how could they possibly be expected to cope with any
kind of update?

Mike Easter

invalid@don't.bother.org.invalid wrote:

> I challenge anyone who comes up with a coherent answer to all this.

This isn't an answer, just a brief timeline, say a survey/summary of
history and earth's biology, including major religions:

The universe is nearly 14 billion years old
Earth is about 4.5 billion.
The current eon of abundant life is about 450 million.
Mammals have dominated the last 65 million.
Some humanoid-hominids are as old as 5 million.
Current homosapiens, the only surviving homo species - anatomically
modern humans - are about 200,000 years old
Written history is about 6000 years
Religious, supernatural, and moral belief systems preceded written history
The oldest surviving monotheism Judaism started about 3000 years ago
Christianity began as a Jewish sect in the mid 1st century
Muhammed was born in 450 AD and Islamism followed

--
Mike Easter

Mike Easter

Mike Easter wrote:
> invalid@don't.bother.org.invalid wrote:
>
>> I challenge anyone who comes up with a coherent answer to all this.

> This isn't an answer, just a brief timeline, say a survey/summary of
> history and earth's biology, including major religions:

One perspective of that is that as the earth and life on earth and then
man evolved from the conditions that preceded it, then such as a belief
in God was "created" by man to help him explain where it all came from
and why we should obey/follow moral values.

Men propagated religious beliefs and teaching as an exercise and
structure of power with a touch of humility to facilitate social order.

--
Mike Easter

G. Morgan

invalid@don't.bother.org.invalid wrote:

>What else is new with you evolutionists?
>Wake me up when you and your likes are done selling sake oil...

So according to your belief in creationism, you must also think humans have only
been on Earth for 6000 years and walked with the dinosaurs.

Read the research, instead of believing some bullshit fairy-tale book.