Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Evolution

Evolution

Jordon

invalid@don't.bother.org.invalid wrote:
> In article<ibk6kq$vpn$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>
> Jordon<jordon@REMOVE~THISmyrealbox.com> wrote:
>
>> invalid@don't.bother.org.invalid wrote:
>>
>>> So where did science prove the THEORY of evolution?

>> It's in the chapter right after the theory of gravity.

> Where?

Whoosh...

> How come you couldn't quote it?

Quote what?

> And since when the theory of gravity is part of the theory of evolution?
> You need to read a bit before you argue.

Both are theories. Using the "it's just a theory" argument and
saying there's no proof is like saying gravity is just a theory.
Where's the proof of gravity? You can't prove it so my fairy
tale must be true.

>> Plenty of physical evidence to back it up. Just can't
>> quite connect all the dots.
>>

> Which means that there is no evidence.
>
>> You have *any* physical evidence for your theory?

> Yes, start by looking around you.

I'm looking. I don't see any proof. All I see is the stuff stars
are made of. Show me some scientific evidence. Got anything? One
little shred of evidence, other than centuries old myths?

Didn't think so.

Bucky Breeder

Jordon <jordon@REMOVE~THISmyrealbox.com> says:

> invalid@don't.bother.org.invalid wrote:
>>
>> Yes, start by looking around you.

> I'm looking. I don't see any proof.

In order to reconcile this argumentation, you'd have to define terms.

A law of physics states that everything is in motion and remains in
motion. Even down to atomic substructures, there is constant motion.
"Time", as we know it, is merely a relationship between motion and
distance. This is easiest demonstrated by observing an analog clock.

What exactly is denoted by the usage of the term "evolution".
Then, from what - to what? Parameters would need to be set...
Ranges of allowable outside influences bearing on the movements
from one stage to the next, etc.

I can do a quick metaphor with the concept "miracles", which has
similar controversies:

Moses said to the head-hootie-tootie "Let my people go... or else
[these things - in this order] [will happen]..."

Currently there are indeed valid scientific explanations for every
event which occured. The "miracle" part comes from Moses knowing
the events were forthcoming, and the timing at which they came...
which led to their being precisely utilized to achieve the stated
ultimate objectives.

Same with concepts of "evolution". Were there more primitive beings
which prededed us? Antropologically and archeologically, it would
certainly seem so. Does that make a concept which contradicts the
concept of "creation"? Again, terms would have to be defined. Does
the Bible story rule out the existence of other beings? I personally
don't think so. Again, the "Bible" as we have it, is a compilation of
cannonized books from various faithfully verified sources, and has a
thesis of 'Man[kind]'s Reuninfication with His Creator [or with his
Perfected State of Being]'. It is not meant to be strictly a science
book; nor a history book; nor a book of all geneologies...

The translations which emanate from the ancient stories into our Bible
indicate God made man thusly "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of
the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man
became a living soul." --Genesis 2:7 (KJV)

This comes from ancient Hebrew... for sure... possibly earlier. The point
to be made here, and perhaps to be considered where you are, is that they
simply did not have language for "primordal ooze" back then... This is
after the likely-metephorical "7 days"; therefore, "time" is not under
consideration or at issue as related in this scripture; nor are various
stages of God's ongoing "research and development" efforts.

There's some purists which may get all-up-and-indignat with me at this
point and argue "God doesn't make mistakes!" Well, I'd have to instantly
argue "Then why does God make it rain on the ocean?" to make a graphically
illustrated point; however, in Genesis 3 there is the story of the
rebellion, in which God makes a lot of changes ("evolution"?) subsequent to
Adam's and Eve's fall from Grace and pursuant placement into their current
temporal physical world. And, on top of that, God dwells with them for a
time, checking in, protecting them and seeing to their physical needs, etc.
God constantly negotiates with his humans... Lot would be case in point;
wherein God is negotiated up to "10 righteous men" by Lot to save the
cities of Sodom and Gomorrah from total destruction. Thus, everything is
NOT preordained or predetermined by God to any predictable conclusion.
So, with all those variables bearing on our day-to-day lives, some concept
of "evolution" would naturally have to be incorporated into our
considerations on this temporal journey - and some concept of "creation"
cannot be totally eliminated.

HTH.

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and this free speech message
was transmitted through the Draconian censorship blockades!

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20015629-71.html

http://www.boingboing.net/Smoky_The_Nanobot.jpg

WartRemover

In article <Xns9E3189685FEAFBuckyGram@207.246.207.167>,
Bucky Breeder <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.i t.out>
wrote:

> I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and this free speech message
> was transmitted through the Draconian censorship blockades!

....which was excreted into your mommy's geriatric really dirty diapers
--
"The world has moved on, leaving the non-entity Scott Lifshine in its wake"
-Greendistantstar

oWo
|---|

Aardvark

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 02:20:27 -0800, invalid wrote:

> I think it is obvious to everyone who is the hater here.

Yup. You.

no hace mucho tiempo que vivĂ*a un hidalgo de los de lanza en
astillero, adarga antigua, rocĂ*n flaco y galgo corredor."
-Cervantes, 'Don Quixote'

Brian Cryer

"~BD~" <~BD~@nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Brian Cryer wrote:
>
>> and I have no wish to see you did a bigger *whole* for your self in
>> public.

> Did you *really* mean to say that, Brian?
>
> D.

Argh! No, its a typo.
Well spotted.
--
Brian Cryer
http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian

G. Morgan

"Brian Cryer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"~BD~" <~BD~@nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Brian Cryer wrote:
>>
>>> and I have no wish to see you did a bigger *whole* for your self in
>>> public.

>> Did you *really* mean to say that, Brian?
>>
>> D.

>Argh! No, its a typo.
>Well spotted.

Which typo? I see 3 misspellings.

G. Morgan

invalid@don't.bother.org.invalid wrote:

>It appears to me that each sect/denomination in Christianity considers
>their views "mainstream". Even Mormons.
>//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
>
>Read it here.
>http://groups.google.com/group/24hou...n&dmode=source
>
>In case you'd deny that you posted that, which is expected.
>

>This alone says it all, you *clearly* think that mormons are Christians,
>because you equated them with "each sect/denomination in Christianity",
>which says it all.

You ****ing idiot. I've about had it with you and your stupidity. Lets read
this together:

"It appears to me that each sect/denomination in Christianity considers
their views "mainstream" <------ that was my point

"Even Mormons." <------

and to illustrate your intolerance towards other Christians, I threw Mormons in
the Christian 'stew'. Mainly because they *do* claim to be Christians.

From http://www.mormon.org/ :

"While our backgrounds and experiences are diverse, Mormons are united by a
commitment to Jesus Christ. This site features Mormons sharing their stories and
telling what their faith means to them.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the official name of the
religion commonly called the Mormon Church. Mormons believe first and foremost
that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world and the Son of God."

<yep.. sure looks like they are claiming to be Christians.>

Who are you to tell them they can't be?

For laughs I had to include Mormon's along with 'mainstream'. Go ahead and ask
one of them, they think they're the only ones getting into Heaven (but I'm sure
that's what you and yours think too).

G. Morgan

invalid@don't.bother.org.invalid wrote:

<snipped entirely un-read>

>Thanks for playing.

Yawn.

**** off, whacko.

Brian Cryer

"G. Morgan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Brian Cryer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>"~BD~" <~BD~@nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .

>>> Did you *really* mean to say that, Brian?
>>>
>>> D.

>>Argh! No, its a typo.
>>Well spotted.

> Which typo? I see 3 misspellings.

Yes, goofed on that one. Should have re-read it before posting!
--
Brian Cryer
http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian