Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > A Facebook problem

A Facebook problem

Rolf

I am up against something that looks like a Catchh-22 situation.

In my user account I find, translated from Norwegian:

Your user-e-mail address must always be a valid address.

contact-e-mail: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

(E-Mail Removed) (Remove)

(E-Mail Removed) (Remove)

Seems I have two problems:

1.. the contact-e-mail address is at my old ISP. I now am using only
gmail. Mail to the old address is still being redirected to the gmail
address but I believe that is only temporary.

2.. I can login to the e-mail server and also to Facebook, but I don't
have the password for Facebook, I can only see the asterix's when I login.

3.. Without knowing the password, I am not allowed to make any changes to
my contact-e-mail address.

4.. It seems I cannot get around the problem by creating a new account
either?

What can I do to solve the problem?

Desk Rabbit

On 01/10/2010 09:51, Rolf wrote:
> I am up against something that looks like a Catchh-22 situation.
>

> In my user account I find, translated from Norwegian:
>

> Your user-e-mail address must always be a valid address.
>

> contact-e-mail: (E-Mail Removed)
>
> (E-Mail Removed) (Remove)
>
> (E-Mail Removed) (Remove)
>

> Seems I have two problems:
>

> 1.. the contact-e-mail address is at my old ISP. I now am using only
> gmail. Mail to the old address is still being redirected to the gmail
> address but I believe that is only temporary.
>

> 2.. I can login to the e-mail server and also to Facebook, but I don't
> have the password for Facebook, I can only see the asterix's when I login.
>

> 3.. Without knowing the password, I am not allowed to make any changes to
> my contact-e-mail address.
>

> 4.. It seems I cannot get around the problem by creating a new account
> either?
>

> What can I do to solve the problem?

Contact Facebook and explain the problem?

Brian Cryer

"Rolf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:i847e2$gfu$(E-Mail Removed)...

> I am up against something that looks like a Catchh-22 situation.
>
> In my user account I find, translated from Norwegian:
>
> Your user-e-mail address must always be a valid address.

<snip>
> Seems I have two problems:
>
> 1.. the contact-e-mail address is at my old ISP. I now am using only
> gmail. Mail to the old address is still being redirected to the gmail
> address but I believe that is only temporary.
>
> 2.. I can login to the e-mail server and also to Facebook, but I don't
> have the password for Facebook, I can only see the asterix's when I login.

Two options:
1. Follow the "Forgotten your password?" link on facebook - its on the login
page. If your email is still being redirected then you should be able to
pick up any reminders.

2. There are lots of applications out there which will let you either (i.)
see the password which is hidden behind the asterics or (ii.) dump all the
saved passwords on your pc. For the latter you probably want to google for
protected storage viewer.

Hope this helps.
--
Brian Cryer
http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian

John Holmes

Rolf "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> I am up against something that looks like a Catchh-22 situation.
>

> In my user account I find, translated from Norwegian:
>

> Your user-e-mail address must always be a valid address.
>

> contact-e-mail: (E-Mail Removed)
>
> (E-Mail Removed) (Remove)
>
> (E-Mail Removed) (Remove)
>

> Seems I have two problems:
>

> 1.. the contact-e-mail address is at my old ISP. I now am using only
> gmail. Mail to the old address is still being redirected to the gmail
> address but I believe that is only temporary.
>

> 2.. I can login to the e-mail server and also to Facebook, but I
> don't
> have the password for Facebook, I can only see the asterix's when I
> login.
>

> 3.. Without knowing the password, I am not allowed to make any
> changes to
> my contact-e-mail address.
>

> 4.. It seems I cannot get around the problem by creating a new
> account
> either?
>

> What can I do to solve the problem?

Brian Cryer had a good suggestion. Also look for Snadboy's Revelation,
software to display the characters hiding behind the stars.

--
<snip>

Rolf

John Holmes wrote:
> Rolf "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>

>> I am up against something that looks like a Catchh-22 situation.
>>

>> In my user account I find, translated from Norwegian:
>>

>> Your user-e-mail address must always be a valid address.
>>

>> contact-e-mail: (E-Mail Removed)
>>
>> (E-Mail Removed) (Remove)
>>
>> (E-Mail Removed) (Remove)
>>

>> Seems I have two problems:
>>

>> 1.. the contact-e-mail address is at my old ISP. I now am using
>> only gmail. Mail to the old address is still being redirected to
>> the gmail address but I believe that is only temporary.
>>

>> 2.. I can login to the e-mail server and also to Facebook, but I
>> don't
>> have the password for Facebook, I can only see the asterix's when I
>> login.
>>

>> 3.. Without knowing the password, I am not allowed to make any
>> changes to
>> my contact-e-mail address.
>>

>> 4.. It seems I cannot get around the problem by creating a new
>> account
>> either?
>>

>> What can I do to solve the problem?
>>

> Brian Cryer had a good suggestion. Also look for Snadboy's Revelation,
> software to display the characters hiding behind the stars.

I had no luck with the suggestions, but I found that I could ask to reset
my password; although I probably would run into the same problem if I should
want to do it again. But I won't; I wrote it down, and it is something that
I even may remember!

But thanks anyway for your help.

Cheers, Rolf