Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: landline on a mobile

Re: landline on a mobile

Desk Rabbit

On 29/09/2010 21:10, §nühw¤£f wrote:
> In message<(E-Mail Removed)>, "Information" pondered
> the following:
>> Ok asked this on a VOIP forum , but answers were either vague , very
>> expensive and not very newbie friendly
>>
>> Now gradwells got this available but you need to have their simcard at a
>> £10 a month and its £7.50 for call bundle which expires no rollover and
>> needs
>> separate phone and number
>>
>> got me thinking , id like my landline to ring and mobile to ring
>> simitanously , reckon this should be possible with SIP or something
>> with a voip phone number, i got a 0506 voipfone number to experiment
>> with
>>
>> anybody talk me through this , cant quite get my head around what to
>> do to set this up , i got a nokia N97
>>

> Isnt that what they call "call forwarding"? Mebbe you could get yer celly
> provider to forward yer calls to your land line.
> Or git ye a Tracfone since they is teh cheepest way to go.
>
> <nods>

Nope, that's call forwarding where the call to the landline gets sent to
the mobile, both do not ring simultaneously. At least not on any service
I've ever used - stands back and waits to be proven wrong.

Worf

In article <i8479d$h7b$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Desk Rabbit <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On 29/09/2010 21:10, §nühw¤£f wrote:
> > In message<(E-Mail Removed)>, "Information" pondered
> > the following:
> >> Ok asked this on a VOIP forum , but answers were either vague , very
> >> expensive and not very newbie friendly
> >>
> >> Now gradwells got this available but you need to have their simcard at a
> >> £10 a month and its £7.50 for call bundle which expires no rollover and
> >> needs
> >> separate phone and number
> >>
> >> got me thinking , id like my landline to ring and mobile to ring
> >> simitanously , reckon this should be possible with SIP or something
> >> with a voip phone number, i got a 0506 voipfone number to experiment
> >> with
> >>
> >> anybody talk me through this , cant quite get my head around what to
> >> do to set this up , i got a nokia N97
> >>

> > Isnt that what they call "call forwarding"? Mebbe you could get yer celly
> > provider to forward yer calls to your land line.
> > Or git ye a Tracfone since they is teh cheepest way to go.
> >
> > <nods>

> Nope, that's call forwarding where the call to the landline gets sent to
> the mobile, both do not ring simultaneously. At least not on any service
> I've ever used - stands back and waits to be proven wrong.

If you use Goggle Voice you can tell that number to send the call to any
phone or group of phones that you choose. So if someone calls it will
ring o your cell or on your landline or both if you choose to do so.

§ñühw¤£f

Desk Rabbit wrote:
> On 29/09/2010 21:10, §nühw¤£f wrote:
>> In message<(E-Mail Removed)>, "Information"
>> pondered
>> the following:
>>> Ok asked this on a VOIP forum , but answers were either vague , very
>>> expensive and not very newbie friendly
>>>
>>> Now gradwells got this available but you need to have their simcard
>>> at a
>>> £10 a month and its £7.50 for call bundle which expires no rollover and
>>> needs
>>> separate phone and number
>>>
>>> got me thinking , id like my landline to ring and mobile to ring
>>> simitanously , reckon this should be possible with SIP or something
>>> with a voip phone number, i got a 0506 voipfone number to experiment
>>> with
>>>
>>> anybody talk me through this , cant quite get my head around what to
>>> do to set this up , i got a nokia N97
>>>

>> Isnt that what they call "call forwarding"? Mebbe you could get yer celly
>> provider to forward yer calls to your land line.
>> Or git ye a Tracfone since they is teh cheepest way to go.
>>
>> <nods>

> Nope, that's call forwarding where the call to the landline gets sent to
> the mobile, both do not ring simultaneously. At least not on any service
> I've ever used - stands back and waits to be proven wrong.

you really should do something about that giiiiiiinormous chip on your
shoulder.

Word.

mitchell1314 mitchell1314 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desk Rabbit
On 29/09/2010 21:10, §nühw¤£f wrote:
> In message<(E-Mail Removed)>, "Information" pondered
> the following:
>> Ok asked this on a VOIP forum , but answers were either vague , very
>> expensive and not very newbie friendly
>>
>> Now gradwells got this available but you need to have their simcard at a
>> £10 a month and its £7.50 for call bundle which expires no rollover and
>> needs
>> separate phone and number
>>
>> got me thinking , id like my landline to ring and mobile to ring
>> simitanously , reckon this should be possible with SIP or something
>> with a voip phone number, i got a 0506 voipfone number to experiment
>> with
>>
>> anybody talk me through this , cant quite get my head around what to
>> do to set this up , i got a nokia N97
>>

> Isnt that what they call "call forwarding"? Mebbe you could get yer celly
> provider to forward yer calls to your land line.
> Or git ye a Tracfone since they is teh cheepest way to go.
>
> <nods>

Nope, that's call forwarding where the call to the landline gets sent to
the mobile, both do not ring simultaneously. At least not on any service
I've ever used - stands back and waits to be proven wrong.
What you have asked is one of the feature in IPPBX called "Call Queues".
Where a call coming into a Phone number can be made to ring simultenously
in many phones. You can check with this company called virtualglobalphone, they have some and many more features like the above including call recording.

mitchell1314 mitchell1314 is offline
Junior Member

Happy new year guys !!