Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Glue for (laptop) plastic...

Glue for (laptop) plastic...

Dave Doe

Can anyone recommend a glue for a broken bit of plastic - such as the
case of a laptop of made of.

TIA

--
Duncan.

Lindsay.Rollo@paradisedotnetdotnz

If you can separate the broken item from the rest of the laptop, try
Areldite. I find if I use the standard product (not thre 5 minute
version) and cure it in a low warm oven (say 75C) this makes a good
strong bond.

William Brown

On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 15:14:34 +1200, "Lindsay.Rollo@paradisedotnetdotnz"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>If you can separate the broken item from the rest of the laptop, try
>Areldite. I find if I use the standard product (not thre 5 minute
>version) and cure it in a low warm oven (say 75C) this makes a good
>strong bond.

It does not work on most Plastics..

Plastic repair is all most impossible.

You could try Acetone ( Nail polish remover ) you need the right
version or Cyanoacrylate (Super Glue) but that has a short shelf life,
the original made by Eastman Kodak was 6 months.