Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Ping Philo

Ping Philo

richard

I'm considering upgrading my #1 machine.
It currently has two 500gig drives. I've been looking at 2tb drives.
I've been a long time fan of maxtor, but I see they merged with seagate.
From my experience in the older days before a gigabyte drive was even
considered, seagate drives had a tendancy to belly up in less than a year.
While the maxtor's lasted forever.

What's your "expert" opininion on say the "barracuda" brand from seagate?
Are they long term reliable?

philo

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm considering upgrading my #1 machine.
> It currently has two 500gig drives. I've been looking at 2tb drives.
> I've been a long time fan of maxtor, but I see they merged with seagate.
> From my experience in the older days before a gigabyte drive was even
> considered, seagate drives had a tendancy to belly up in less than a year.
> While the maxtor's lasted forever.
>
> What's your "expert" opininion on say the "barracuda" brand from seagate?
> Are they long term reliable?

The barracuda drive is a good one...

but with any mfg the drive will die sooner or later
so no matter what you do...back everything up

Maybe two different drived from two mfgs' ?

Ping Philo richard Computer Support 21 01-02-2011 09:25 PM
Ping Philo richard Computer Support 6 12-16-2009 07:35 PM
Attn: Philo and Swiss Tony...... Daveyboy Computer Support 3 09-19-2004 09:00 AM
fao philo pat joubert Computer Support 1 01-24-2004 12:37 PM
Re: philo & Plato philo Computer Support 1 07-02-2003 12:07 AM

Advertisments