Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows Live Mail - Widespread Error - Unknown Sender Bar

Windows Live Mail - Widespread Error - Unknown Sender Bar

NormanM

On 28 Sep 2010 19:51:00 GMT, Bucky Breeder wrote:

> Windows Live Mail - Widespread Error - Unknown Sender Bar
>

> 1) Almost all mail has "Unknown sender" bar, including
> mail retreived from Hotmail.

Very little of my email has this "Unknown sender" bar; and I can clear it in
most cases. Only time I can't seems to be on the Hotmail accounts, where the
sender's service does not have an SPF record.

Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3502.0922).

Supposedly has some problems with quoting for replies in newsgroups; but I
don't use WLM in NNTP service.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come

Bucky Breeder

thanatoid <(E-Mail Removed)> via

> Bucky Breeder
> <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.i t.out>
> wrote in news:Xns9E03697206747BuckyGram@207.246.207.164:
>
> <snip>
>
>> The Google is what keeps the information in formation...
>>
>> HTH.

> Not really, totally eliminating G. from this reality /would/
> help, but at least you made me laugh. As you often do. Thanks.

That was a bonus feature... but YW.

The issue, or topic being :

Windows Live Mail - Widespread Error - Unknown Sender Bar

1) Almost all mail has "Unknown sender" bar, including
mail retreived from Hotmail.

2) The "Delete and block" and/or "Allow sender" buttons
are non-responsive. The bar itself is non-responsive.

3) There is no menu selection in the effected eMails
to add to either the "Safe senders" or the "Blocked
senders" lists...

4) Using the WML main interface menu bar to highlight the
effected eMails and add to the lists, it does not resolve
the "Unknown sender" bar issue with future eMails...

5) Numerous internet articles/pages/posts prove
replication of this error on WinXP, Vistard, and
Win7... both 32-bit and 64-bit configurations.

6) It's likely pursuant to a particular Windows Update;
however, WHEREAS those Borg-tards at Mt. Redmond are
habitually reticent to admit error - muchless address it -
we may be in for a wild ride before it gets repaired...

7) This is a widely reported issue for about 2 months now
[according to teh Google searches] with no resolution
in articles, blogs, or Microsoft forums and/or KB articles.

Searches on Microsoft assets result in WLM deflecting
the issue to Hotmail; and Hotmail deflecting the issue to WLM.

9) Please cross-post this with any independant observations
to as many groups and forums as possible, and perhaps the
Psychic Division at the M$ Cathedral will get the message
via the chatter-box-matrix - or NSA will record an upward
trend in keywords reflective to the issues and forward a
courtesy copy to their Microsoft liasons - or they might
get it bounced back via SETI - who knows how the millstones
of the Gods grind these days???

Hey, Bill Gates, get your head out of Africa's arse and
take care of *your* people first. What's your fascination
with AIDS anyway when 'Windows' is all ate-up with dumbass
bugs? You cannot kill all the world's mosquitoes; but you
might fix Windows before you try to "fix" the world! <WORD>

HTH & TIA

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and I
want to be the next Elmo t-shirt!

http://coedmagazine.com/2010/09/27/k...ob-bounce-gif/

(Except, she'd have to be explaining all that "motorboat" noise...)

Repent! The end is near... Or, good luck if there's an apocalypse.

Bucky Breeder

NormanM <(E-Mail Removed)> via
newstk57x61uth6$(E-Mail Removed):

> On 28 Sep 2010 19:51:00 GMT, Bucky Breeder wrote:
>
>> Windows Live Mail - Widespread Error - Unknown Sender Bar
>>

>> 1) Almost all mail has "Unknown sender" bar, including
>> mail retreived from Hotmail.

> Very little of my email has this "Unknown sender" bar; and I can clear
> it in most cases. Only time I can't seems to be on the Hotmail accounts,
> where the sender's service does not have an SPF record.
>
> Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3502.0922).
>
> Supposedly has some problems with quoting for replies in newsgroups; but
> I don't use WLM in NNTP service.

Seems it's concomitant with a Windows Update
series; however, while it could be coincidence,
its recency is undeniable.

Essential to my noting the issue is its recency
in occurance... Naturally, almost immediately
there were numerous posts to various and sundry
forums reflected in Google searches... and still
no resolution.

When I click the Update button via the menu
bar, I am whisked away to Microsoft Windows
Update site, where I am duly informed that
there are no updates available... Mine is :

"Version 2009 (Build 14.0.8064.0206)"

I'll try to smoke out a download and install
the update the old fashioned way... by hand.

HTH.

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and I AM *so* glad that I am NOT
Lady Gaga's brother... or I'd be "Bucky Gaga"... <shudders>!

Lucky Elmo :

http://coedmagazine.com/2010/09/27/k...ob-bounce-gif/

thanatoid

Bucky Breeder
<Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.i t.out>
wrote in news:Xns9E0550AE2D8E9BuckyGram@207.246.207.167:

<snip>

> That was a bonus feature... but YW.
>
> The issue, or topic being :
>
> Windows Live Mail - Widespread Error - Unknown Sender Bar

<snip>

OK, I didn't think you were serious... Well, I did, but I didn't
want to get into it.

This is the SHORT version:

Anyone using Hotmail, Livemail, Deadmail, Unsafemail - whatever
you want to call it - deserves what they get.

This is the slightly LONGER version:

/HoTMaiL/ (as spelled here) was started 15 or 16 years ago, by
some guys who apparently thought that html-based webmail was a
good idea.

Within a few years (maybe even one year) Microsoft bought them
out. Strangely enough they did NOT just kill the product, they
"improved it". You can Google for "Hotmail security breach", and
read some of the thousands of links that show up. And that's
just the tip of the iceberg.

As is their wont (cf. changing formats - while keeping the same
extension - in MS Office etc.), Microsoft kept on "improving"
their new product. (We REALLY need a new definition of the word
"improvement" for those ****ers.)

About 5 years ago they made Hotmail practically
inaccessible/unusable except when using MSIE.
Anyone with a clue does NOT use MSIE. I pride myself on not
using ANY MS products except the OS, which I use because I
learned it at work and it was just not worth changing. I did -
prompted by my first virus since I started using the internet -
try Linux, and you can refer to the "Longest Thread Ever" from
early August for details.

Anyway, anyone using Hotmail, Livemail, Deadmail, Unsafemail -
whatever you want to call it - deserves what they get.

While Google's original motto of "Do not be evil" has become a
very unsettling Orwellian joke AT BEST, their gmail is a very
simple - and vastly superior - alternative.

For REAL e-mail, try one of the several (not many, but) SMTP/POP
services available. They may cost ten bucks a year or something,
but are more than worth it, for a myriad reasons.

HTH.

--
"Anytime I hear the word "culture", I reach for my iPad."
- 21st Century Humanoid

G. Morgan

thanatoid <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Anyway, anyone using Hotmail, Livemail, Deadmail, Unsafemail -
>whatever you want to call it - deserves what they get.

I have an @live.com address and am quite content with it. I use it to login to
MSDN (Live ID), and for other non-personal mail.

NormanM

On 02 Oct 2010 14:17:12 GMT, Bucky Breeder wrote:

> NormanM <(E-Mail Removed)> via
> newstk57x61uth6$(E-Mail Removed):

>> On 28 Sep 2010 19:51:00 GMT, Bucky Breeder wrote:

>>> Windows Live Mail - Widespread Error - Unknown Sender Bar
>>>

>>> 1) Almost all mail has "Unknown sender" bar, including
>>> mail retreived from Hotmail.

>> Very little of my email has this "Unknown sender" bar; and I can clear
>> it in most cases. Only time I can't seems to be on the Hotmail accounts,
>> where the sender's service does not have an SPF record.
>>
>> Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3502.0922).
>>
>> Supposedly has some problems with quoting for replies in newsgroups; but
>> I don't use WLM in NNTP service.

> Seems it's concomitant with a Windows Update
> series; however, while it could be coincidence,
> its recency is undeniable.

Since I am not seeing the problem you are seeing, and I have the latest MS
updates installed, I wonder if it is related to another problem: MS Internet
Explorer 9 beta. I am not using the MSIE 9 beta, but am told that it has
caused other problems with WLM in NNTP service.

--

> Anyway, anyone using Hotmail, Livemail, Deadmail, Unsafemail -
> whatever you want to call it - deserves what they get.

Hotmail and Windows Live are suppostededed to be
interconfigulated or configtatudable, or sumthin...

One uses an @live.com address, or signs into a plethora
of services using the one ID and PW. Or is that bevy?
Perhaps it's gaggle... Quackmire? Dookiepot?

HTH.

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and EVERYBODY knows
that the "U" in "UFO" stands for "WTF"!

Repent! The end is near... Or, good luck if there's an apocalypse.

Bucky Breeder

NormanM <(E-Mail Removed)> via
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> [and proceeded to snip whay too much to deal with...]
>
> Since I am not seeing the problem you are seeing

Hmmm... viva la differance... here's what I'm seeing :

http://coedmagazine.com/2010/09/27/k...ob-bounce-gif/

All girls with big natural boobies should be required
to post one of these animated GIFs for my convenience
and enjoyment. Or girls on trampolines in wet t-shirts.

<WOOT!>

--

wrote in news:Xns9E064E1EC5766BuckyGram@216.151.153.139:

> thanatoid <(E-Mail Removed)> via
>>
>> Anyway, anyone using Hotmail, Livemail, Deadmail,
>> Unsafemail - whatever you want to call it - deserves what
>> they get.

> Hotmail and Windows Live are suppostededed to be
> interconfigulated or configtatudable, or sumthin...
>
> One uses an @live.com address, or signs into a plethora
> of services using the one ID and PW.

<snip>

Using ONE password, let alone one which is stored on the
/repeatedly proven insecure/ servers of one of the more suspect
companies in the world, is NOT a good idea.

Get a free password manager or something like ShortKeys. There
are dozens of options.

NEVER use the Windows password storage file (I forget its
extension) and do not use "services" which offer to store your
password (or all of them) under the guise of making things
"easier for you". It DOES make things easier, but not for you.

--
"Anytime I hear the word "culture", I reach for my iPad."
- 21st Century Humanoid

G. Morgan

Bucky Breeder <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.i t.out> wrote:

>One uses an @live.com address, or signs into a plethora
>of services using the one ID and PW. Or is that bevy?
>Perhaps it's gaggle... Quackmire? Dookiepot?
>
>HTH.

I didn't help. One is required to have a "Live ID" to access all of M$FT's pay
services like MSDN.

I use LastPass extension with FF. It generates secure passwords for you, and
encrypts them before uploading them to thier server.

The worst thing one can do is let FF's built-in p/w manager be turned on. 3
clicks and you can see them all in plain text.