Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > ipconfig failes!

ipconfig failes!

joevan

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 23:35:28 -0600, "Buffalo" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Dan C wrote:

>>> What is your OS?

>> Jesus, you're as stupid as he is. Look right up there where it says:
>> "C: \WINDOWS\..." What ****ing OS do you think that is?

>Well, what is the ONLY OS it could be?
>Be careful with your answer or you may just format yourself and turn into a
>steaming pile of crap.
>Buffalo
>PS: I have never used an OS newer than Win2000Pro so I don't know if all
>newer OS's have the System32 folder under Winnt or not. You really are an
>even bigger asshole than I previously thought.

How is that possible? Oh you did say bigger. OK that will work.

Desk Rabbit

On 28/09/2010 12:07, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> RickMerrill wrote:
>
>> "C:\WINDOWS\system32>ipconfig.exe

> JIC, if the above is actually what you are typing, try replacing the ">"
> with a proper backslash...

I suspect that it's a screen dump of his command line.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Desk Rabbit wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> RickMerrill wrote:
>>> "C:\WINDOWS\system32>ipconfig.exe

>> JIC, if the above is actually what you are typing, try replacing the
>> ">" with a proper backslash...

> I suspect that it's a screen dump of his command line.

P'raps. If Rick copied/pasted the error, then the ">" typo would be what
was entered, eh?

"An internal error occurred: The system cannot find the file specified."
...and the file "system32>ipconfig.exe" is missing from the C:\WINDOWS
directory. (though I suspect a > is not a legal filename character in
Windows. It is in my Linux.)

--
-bts

Dan C

No ****!!! ****ing WINDOWS, you goddam retarded moron.

W2000, WNT, WXP... whatever. It's all still ****ing *WINDOWS* you
****ing dumbass. That's the *OS*. Windows. Jesus.

> You really are
> an even bigger asshole than I previously thought.

You really are more stupid than I had previously thought it was possible
for a human to be. Seriously. Stone cold stupid.

"Bother!" said Pooh, as Kanga sneezed in his honey pot.

Desk Rabbit

On 28/09/2010 13:24, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> Desk Rabbit wrote:
>
>> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>>>
>>> JIC, if the above is actually what you are typing, try replacing the
>>> ">" with a proper backslash...

>> I suspect that it's a screen dump of his command line.

> P'raps. If Rick copied/pasted the error, then the ">" typo would be what
> was entered, eh?

Different result:-
C:\WINDOWS\system32>c:\windows\system32>ipconfig.e xe
'c:\windows\system32' is not recognized as an internal or external
command,operable program or batch file.

Meat Plow

On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 00:37:01 +0000, Dan C wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 19:59:25 -0400, RickMerrill wrote:
>
>> "C:\WINDOWS\system32>ipconfig.exe
>> Windows IP Configuration
>> An internal error occurred: The system cannot find the file specified.
>> Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for further help.
>> Additional information: Unknown media status code."
>>

>> Oh ****! What do I do now?

> The *ONLY* way to safely correct this situation is to format the hard
> drive.

Yet more proof you are mentally retarded.

Buffalo

RickMerrill wrote:
> "C:\WINDOWS\system32>ipconfig.exe
> Windows IP Configuration
> An internal error occurred: The system cannot find the file specified.
> Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for further help.
> Additional information: Unknown media status code."
>

> Oh ****! What do I do now?

In Win98SE, the ipconfig.exe is located in C:\Windows and NOT in
C:\Windows\System32.
In Win2000ProSP4 (NT), ipconfig.exe is located in C:\Windows\Winnt.
In other Windows versions, I have no idea.

Try putting ipconfig.exe in C:\Windows if you are using a non-NT based
Windows OS.
So, once again, what version of Windows are you actually using?
Buffalo

Buffalo

Buffalo wrote:
> RickMerrill wrote:
>> "C:\WINDOWS\system32>ipconfig.exe
>> Windows IP Configuration
>> An internal error occurred: The system cannot find the file
>> specified. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for
>> further help. Additional information: Unknown media status code."
>>

>> Oh ****! What do I do now?

> In Win98SE, the ipconfig.exe is located in C:\Windows and NOT in
> C:\Windows\System32.
> In Win2000ProSP4 (NT), ipconfig.exe is located in C:\Windows\Winnt.
> In other Windows versions, I have no idea.
>
> Try putting ipconfig.exe in C:\Windows if you are using a non-NT based
> Windows OS.
> So, once again, what version of Windows are you actually using?
> Buffalo

Damn, I didn't mean C:\Windows\Winnt, I meant C:\WINNT\System32.
Buffalo

joevan

On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 09:16:38 -0500, Grinder <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On 9/28/2010 6:28 AM, joevan wrote:
>> On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 23:35:28 -0600, "Buffalo"<(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:

>>> Well, what is the ONLY OS it could be?
>>> Be careful with your answer or you may just format yourself and turn into a
>>> steaming pile of crap.
>>> Buffalo
>>> PS: I have never used an OS newer than Win2000Pro so I don't know if all
>>> newer OS's have the System32 folder under Winnt or not. You really are an
>>> even bigger asshole than I previously thought.
>>>

>> How is that possible? Oh you did say bigger. OK that will work.

>I took it to mean that he's dilating.

Yep, I was thinking how big an asshole he is now. But it stretches
ones sphincter to imagine bigger.

joevan

On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 14:08:41 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 00:37:01 +0000, Dan C wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 19:59:25 -0400, RickMerrill wrote:
>>
>>> "C:\WINDOWS\system32>ipconfig.exe
>>> Windows IP Configuration
>>> An internal error occurred: The system cannot find the file specified.
>>> Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for further help.
>>> Additional information: Unknown media status code."
>>>

>>> Oh ****! What do I do now?

>> The *ONLY* way to safely correct this situation is to format the hard
>> drive.

>Yet more proof you are mentally retarded.

That must be it. He never learned anything about computers, so when
something came up he just formatted the computer and started over. The
first time anything was out of his league he just formatted and that
is what he thinks others should do. Or rather he is incapable of
thinking anything through.