Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Clientcertificates.IsPresent

Clientcertificates.IsPresent

Chandy

Hi,

I am trying to detect in code whether a user has authenticated against
my server using a client certificate. I am using the following:

Dim conCert As HttpClientCertificate
conCert = HttpContext.Current.Request.ClientCertificate
dim isPresent as boolean = conCert.IsPresent
dim isValid as boolean = conCert.IsValid

When I debug, IsPresent is False and IsValid is True.

How can I have a Valid yet not-present Client Certificate???

Dev is local with a mapped client cert in IIS 5.1 (XP Pro)

Client cert is also installed locally.

Any ideas?!

FG