Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > div problem

Reply
Thread Tools

div problem

 
 
rudra
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-24-2010
Dear friends,
plz look at the webpage: http://bose.res.in/~rudra/work.html
I requested your help few days back, but this is different issue.
in the middle section, I have an image(as you can see). I tried to
replace the mid-portion of this section in such a way that will have
the light blue back ground and text over it. I feel <div> tag is
suitable to make this...a 2x2 array of div. But what i found in net is
div should not have an align statement. so, how, can I make an array
which looks like
|------------|------------|
| div1 | div2 |
|------------|------------|
| div3 | div4 |
|------------|------------|

Plz help
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
rudra
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-24-2010
I dont know css and probably, this is the only time I will work on a
webpage. so, plz tell me in terms of html
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Denis McMahon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-24-2010
On 24/09/10 17:17, rudra wrote:

> I dont know css and probably, this is the only time I will work on a
> webpage. so, plz tell me in terms of html


If you're going to use divs, css will have to be part of it.

The following might help get you started, although I'm sure someone who
knows better will come along and explain in great detail what's wrong
with it shortly, probably without suggesting how to make it better.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="content-type"
content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
<title>4 Cell Layout With CSS</title>
<style type="text/css">
div#toprow {
width:99%;
position:absolute;
top:0px;
left:0px;
height:300px;
}
div#bottomrow {
width:99%;
position:absolute;
top:300px;
left:0px;
}
div.left {
width:300px;
position:absolute;
top:0px;
left:0px;
}
div.right {
position:absolute;
top:0px;
left:300px;
}
</style>
</head>
<body>
<div id="toprow">
<div class="left">
<p>Top Left, 300 px square cell.</p>
</div>
<div class="right">
<p>Top Right, 300 px high, flowing to 99% of
total width with content.</p>
</div>
</div>
<div id="bottomrow">
<div class="left">
<p>Bottom Left, 300 px wide, flowing down
with content.</p>
</div>
<div class="right">
<p>Bottom Right, flowing to 99% of total width
and downwards with content.</p>
</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

Rgds

Denis McMahon
 
Reply With Quote
 
dorayme
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-24-2010
In article
<(E-Mail Removed)
m>,
rudra <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Dear friends,
> plz look at the webpage: http://bose.res.in/~rudra/work.html
> I requested your help few days back, but this is different issue.
> in the middle section, I have an image(as you can see). I tried to
> replace the mid-portion of this section in such a way that will have
> the light blue back ground and text over it. I feel <div> tag is
> suitable to make this...a 2x2 array of div. But what i found in net is
> div should not have an align statement. so, how, can I make an array
> which looks like
> |------------|------------|
> | div1 | div2 |
> |------------|------------|
> | div3 | div4 |
> |------------|------------|
>
> I dont know css and probably, this is the only time I will work on a
> webpage. so, plz tell me in terms of html


In terms of HTML, get what you want to say right, and, since you
are not interested in how to style things with CSS, leave it at
the HTML and put off the desire to style till you come back in
another life to do another webpage. Your pages will be the better
for it. Just list the links in a UL, use some headings and a
couple of paragraphs saying what you do and are interested in
etc. and leave it at that. Plain and simple.

--
dorayme
 
Reply With Quote
 
Rudra Banerjee
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-25-2010
On 09/25/2010 01:29 AM, Denis McMahon wrote:
> On 24/09/10 17:17, rudra wrote:

Thanks Denis.....its getting better.

 
Reply With Quote
 
dorayme
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-25-2010
In article <i7ln9v$8aa$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Rudra Banerjee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On 09/25/2010 01:29 AM, Denis McMahon wrote:
> > On 24/09/10 17:17, rudra wrote:

> Thanks Denis.....its getting better.


The patient looks exactly the same as it did the other day,
complete with heavy shadows under its eyes.

--
dorayme
 
Reply With Quote
 
Jan C. Faerber
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-26-2010
On 24 Sep., 18:17, rudra <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> [...] probably, this is the only time I will work on a
> webpage. so, [...]


Don't say this.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
<div ... /> and <div ...></div> K Viltersten ASP .Net 4 03-31-2009 07:33 PM
Problem nesting a div within a div Leupi HTML 6 02-09-2008 04:01 PM
child div blocks parent div, height problem... HJ HTML 5 09-01-2006 04:37 PM
NS/FF don't change div offsetWidth when div innerHTML is added toand div becomes wider mscir Javascript 3 06-26-2005 04:04 PM
Q: Div A inside Div B is larger than Div B Dwayne Madsen Javascript 1 06-01-2005 03:02 PM



Advertisments