Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Page check

Page check

Neredbojias

I have this page with many thumbnail images. However, the page is less
than 7k. It takes about 4 seconds to load on my setup. Would some
kind souls out thare check it for load time because I'm trying to get
an idea of the general or average time involved for all bandwidths.
Also, you can try the resize (thumbs) app to see how fast that is.
Thanks much.

http://www.neredbojias.net/roy.php

<Yea! -I remembered to include the url.)

--
Neredbojias

http://www.neredbojias.org/
http://www.neredbojias.net/

MG

"Neredbojias" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9DFD3BAC45385neredbojiasnano@78.46.73.112. ..
>I have this page with many thumbnail images. However, the page is less
> than 7k. It takes about 4 seconds to load on my setup. Would some
> kind souls out thare check it for load time because I'm trying to get
> an idea of the general or average time involved for all bandwidths.

1 min 48 sec on my setup

> Also, you can try the resize (thumbs) app to see how fast that is.

Quick. About 1 sec, maybe 2 secs

> Thanks much.

MG

123Jim

"Neredbojias" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9DFD3BAC45385neredbojiasnano@78.46.73.112. ..
>I have this page with many thumbnail images. However, the page is less
> than 7k. It takes about 4 seconds to load on my setup. Would some
> kind souls out thare check it for load time because I'm trying to get
> an idea of the general or average time involved for all bandwidths.
> Also, you can try the resize (thumbs) app to see how fast that is.
> Thanks much.
>
> http://www.neredbojias.net/roy.php
>
> <Yea! -I remembered to include the url.)
>
> --

40 seconds and 6 seconds
on a 1.69Mbps line

Jukka K. Korpela

Neredbojias wrote:

> I have this page with many thumbnail images. However, the page is
> less than 7k. It takes about 4 seconds to load on my setup.

Perhaps because your browser has cached the images,

> http://www.neredbojias.net/roy.php
>
> <Yea! -I remembered to include the url.)

(You score extra 42 bonus bargain magic points for that! Collect 1,000 such
points to get 1 green point and 1,000 green points to get a red point, and
with just 42 red points, you get a 10% discount of a candy bar!)

It takes about 30 seconds to load onto my screen.

According to Firefox, the size of the page is 1,547 kilobytes. It almost
entirely consists of the images. I don't quite see the point of putting such
a huge number of thumbnails on one page. The universal law of structure (to
be invented) implies that there must be some useful way to group the images
and include just one group of thumbs on one page.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

rf

"Neredbojias" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9DFD3BAC45385neredbojiasnano@78.46.73.112. ..
>I have this page with many thumbnail images. However, the page is less
> than 7k.

The page might be 7K but you have 1.51 megabytes of images in there.

> It takes about 4 seconds to load on my setup. Would some
> kind souls out thare check it for load time because I'm trying to get
> an idea of the general or average time involved for all bandwidths.

Twenty eight seconds, which is pretty damn good. I am getting about 20ms
round trip time per image.

Firefox. Cable, averageing 5Mb/s. In .au (the other side of the planet).

> Also, you can try the resize (thumbs) app to see how fast that is.

Five seconds. Four seconds with firebug turned off.

BTW at Resize: 3 the image are severely blurry, but that/s to be expected
for images enlarged in the browser.

> Thanks much.
>
> http://www.neredbojias.net/roy.php
>
> <Yea! -I remembered to include the url.)

Now that's really amasing

Mel Smith

Neredbojias:

30 seconds at 10:45pm with my IE7 browser behind an old, 10/100 router.

-Mel Smith

Andy

"Neredbojias" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9DFD3BAC45385neredbojiasnano@78.46.73.112. ..
> I have this page with many thumbnail images. However, the page is less
> than 7k. It takes about 4 seconds to load on my setup. Would some
> kind souls out thare check it for load time because I'm trying to get
> an idea of the general or average time involved for all bandwidths.

About 6 seconds.

> Also, you can try the resize (thumbs) app to see how fast that is.
> Thanks much.

1 second.

> http://www.neredbojias.net/roy.php
>
> <Yea! -I remembered to include the url.)
>
> --
> Neredbojias
>
> http://www.neredbojias.org/
> http://www.neredbojias.net/

10 Mb VirginMedia cable, UK, Saturday 09:10

Andy

Neredbojias

On 24 Sep 2010, "MG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Neredbojias" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns9DFD3BAC45385neredbojiasnano@78.46.73.112. ..
>>I have this page with many thumbnail images. However, the page is
>>less
>> than 7k. It takes about 4 seconds to load on my setup. Would some
>> kind souls out thare check it for load time because I'm trying to
>> get an idea of the general or average time involved for all
>> bandwidths.

> 1 min 48 sec on my setup

Hah, you must be on dial-up (-or dsl). That page is definitely one for
hi-speed internet.

>> Also, you can try the resize (thumbs) app to see how fast that is.

> Quick. About 1 sec, maybe 2 secs

That's faster than here which is appx 3-4 secs in ff. Thanks for
checking.

--
Neredbojias

http://www.neredbojias.org/
http://www.neredbojias.net/

Neredbojias

On 24 Sep 2010, Sherm Pendley <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Neredbojias <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
>> I have this page with many thumbnail images. However, the page is
>> less than 7k. It takes about 4 seconds to load on my setup.

> About 25s here.

Hmm, disappointing. I could live with a general up-to-10-seconds but
half a minute is too long to wait for a page.

>> Also, you can try the resize (thumbs) app to see how fast that is.

> About 15s.

I find that odd. Do you have a slow box? Most people are saying the
resize routine is faster than that (-for them).

--
Neredbojias

http://www.neredbojias.org/
http://www.neredbojias.net/

Neredbojias

On 24 Sep 2010, "123Jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Neredbojias" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns9DFD3BAC45385neredbojiasnano@78.46.73.112. ..
>>I have this page with many thumbnail images. However, the page is
>>less
>> than 7k. It takes about 4 seconds to load on my setup. Would some
>> kind souls out thare check it for load time because I'm trying to
>> get an idea of the general or average time involved for all
>> bandwidths. Also, you can try the resize (thumbs) app to see how
>> fast that is. Thanks much.
>>
>> http://www.neredbojias.net/roy.php
>>
>> <Yea! -I remembered to include the url.)
>>
>> --

> 40 seconds and 6 seconds
> on a 1.69Mbps line

I suspect that's typical for such bandwidth. Too slow, though, waaaay
too slow for what I'd hoped. Merci beaucoup.

--
Neredbojias

http://www.neredbojias.org/
http://www.neredbojias.net/