Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > right to files on mapped drives throught IIS and ASP.NET

right to files on mapped drives throught IIS and ASP.NET

chris

Hello,

On a local website but i want to access data on a remote drive (a mapped
drive). The data are Foxpro files on a directeory of a mapped drive.

I have a problem with security ( no tabel can be opened error 52 in foxpro )

I search the web for a solution.

Server 1 = Windows 2000 (Webserver) and server2 = database server (NT
server)

The two server belong to the same domain.

i created a user on the databaseserver (domainserver) who has administrator
rights .

On the webserver

I already used impersonate="true" in the config.web file

I added this new user on the webserver

and in the IIS : anonymus is set on with this new created user with his
paswoord

ON the DatabaseServer

the database files themselves have full control for the user created.

But still get no rights

Does anyone know what i am doing wrong ?

Christine

A Lonely Programmer

Instead of setting anonymous user in the IIS properties, uncheck that box
entirely and use window authentication. I'm pretty sure this will work
"chris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> On a local website but i want to access data on a remote drive (a mapped
> drive). The data are Foxpro files on a directeory of a mapped drive.
>
> I have a problem with security ( no tabel can be opened error 52 in

foxpro )

> I search the web for a solution.
>
> Server 1 = Windows 2000 (Webserver) and server2 = database server (NT
> server)
>
> The two server belong to the same domain.
>
> i created a user on the databaseserver (domainserver) who has

administrator
> rights .
>
> On the webserver
>
> I already used impersonate="true" in the config.web file
>
> I added this new user on the webserver
>
> and in the IIS : anonymus is set on with this new created user with his
> paswoord
>
> ON the DatabaseServer
>
> the database files themselves have full control for the user created.
>
> But still get no rights
>
> Does anyone know what i am doing wrong ?
>
> Christine

Bryan Donaldson

Nope - that wont work. The problem is there are 3 systems in the problem and
in most cases, the third system (with Foxpro files) doesn't know who the
user is that's attempting to access the files (the user running the browser)
because the web server was never given the user's password to pass along.
(look up Delegation and it's ramifications to Windows security)

The ONLY way I got that to work was to use Basic authentication and make
your user's log into your web application with valid credentials on the
network. then, when the web server uses his credentials to access the
third system, he's
authenticated.

The other solution you have is to put the files on the Web server, and use
integrated windows authentication.

Then, when the application goes off to the third
"chris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I tried but it it did not work. The data is on another server and the

aspnet