Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Adobe Outlook

Adobe Outlook

Sweetpea

On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 22:20:51 +0000, Bruce Sinclair wrote:

>>> Just cos you don't see it doesn't mean it aint there.

>>How does that answer the question?

> It doesn't ... but your *assumption* (earlier) that no one "needs"
> something that you can't see a reason for is unreasonable. Asking what
> they do need is fine (asking for data) ... but your assumptions have
> been showing ... and they are still wrong.

The reason for asking a question is to improve understanding. Ergo your
response is illogical.

The illogicality of your response suggests that IT perhaps isn't the
correct industry for you to be in.

Enkidu

On 28/09/10 22:51, Sweetpea wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 09:14:53 +1300, Enkidu wrote:

>>> [shudder] "Flash development".
>>>
>>> Can't one manually code for those special effects?
>>>

>> Yes,
>>>
>>> Is it really that important that they be automated?
>>>

>> It's much faster than hand coding.

> Have you heard of code once, use multiple times with copy/paste?

Sure. The same principle applies to Flash development - create a frame,
copy and paste it multiple times.

Cheers,

Cliff

The end excuses any evil - Sophocles

Enkidu

On 28/09/10 23:01, Sweetpea wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 23:02:35 +0000, Bruce Sinclair wrote:
>
>>> I'm not jumping to any conclusions. I'm simply asking why you
>>> need a newer version because I can't see why anyone "needs" an
>>> upgrade from CS3.

>> Just cos you don't see it doesn't mean it aint there.

> How does that answer the question?

Just because you don't see why anyone 'needs' an upgrade doesn't that
they don't have a need for an upgrade.

On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 19:50:41 +1300, Enkidu wrote:

>>> Just cos you don't see it doesn't mean it aint there.

>> How does that answer the question?
>>

> Just because you don't see why anyone 'needs' an upgrade doesn't that
> they don't have a need for an upgrade.

Agreed. You've learned something new. Well done.

Sweetpea

On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 19:48:35 +1300, Enkidu wrote:

> Sure. The same principle applies to Flash development - create a frame,
> copy and paste it multiple times.

Do you actually prefer using Flash on websites?

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message
<(E-Mail Removed)>, Simon
wrote:

> basically there are some effects that the graphic designers need to
> use for a client, that are only supported in the new version.

What sort of effects? It may be possible to script up something using Free
Software tools.

Enkidu

On 29/09/10 19:56, Sweetpea wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 19:50:41 +1300, Enkidu wrote:

>>> How does that answer the question?
>>>

>> Just because you don't see why anyone 'needs' an upgrade doesn't
>> mean that they don't have a need for an upgrade.

> Agreed. You've learned something new. Well done.

You aren't making sense. Not that that in itself is a new thing.

On 29/09/10 19:57, Sweetpea wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 19:48:35 +1300, Enkidu wrote:
>
>> Sure. The same principle applies to Flash development - create a frame,
>> copy and paste it multiple times.

> Do you actually prefer using Flash on websites?

It has its place. I personally don't use it.

Cheers,

Cliff

The end excuses any evil - Sophocles

Enkidu

> In message
> <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Simon wrote:
>
>> basically there are some effects that the graphic designers need
>> to use for a client, that are only supported in the new version.

> What sort of effects? It may be possible to script up something using
> Free Software tools.

It's possible. But then you don't have graphic designers any more - you
have scripters. Besides, it is a lot easier to 'click, stretch, click'
than write the routines to do the same, especially as the graphic
program writer has already done it.

Cheers,

Cliff

--

The ends justifies the means - Niccol di Bernardo dei Machiavelli.

The end excuses any evil - Sophocles

Bruce Sinclair

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Sweetpea <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>How does that answer the question?

>> It doesn't ... but your *assumption* (earlier) that no one "needs"
>> something that you can't see a reason for is unreasonable. Asking what
>> they do need is fine (asking for data) ... but your assumptions have
>> been showing ... and they are still wrong.

>The reason for asking a question is to improve understanding. Ergo your
>response is illogical.
>The illogicality of your response suggests that IT perhaps isn't the
>correct industry for you to be in.

... and the illogic of your assumptions contuinues.Pity. I assumed (!) that
questions could also provide data.

Suggest you restrain your *assume* circuit in future.