Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Playing sounds at time indexes

Playing sounds at time indexes

OKB (not okblacke)

I'm looking for an audio library for Python. I googled and found a
few, but none of them seem to have a simple way to play a particular
sound file from a particular start-time to an end-time. Like, I'd want
to load a file and say "Play the section of this file from 10.25 seconds
to 11.73 seconds." Is there a library that makes this easy in Python?

Thanks,
--
--OKB (not okblacke)
Brendan Barnwell

Thomas Jollans

On Wednesday 22 September 2010, it occurred to OKB (not okblacke) to exclaim:
> I'm looking for an audio library for Python. I googled and found a
> few, but none of them seem to have a simple way to play a particular
> sound file from a particular start-time to an end-time. Like, I'd want
> to load a file and say "Play the section of this file from 10.25 seconds
> to 11.73 seconds." Is there a library that makes this easy in Python?

platform?

Burton Samograd

"OKB (not okblacke)" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> I'm looking for an audio library for Python. I googled and found a
> few, but none of them seem to have a simple way to play a particular
> sound file from a particular start-time to an end-time. Like, I'd want
> to load a file and say "Play the section of this file from 10.25 seconds
> to 11.73 seconds." Is there a library that makes this easy in Python?

You might want to check out this question on StackOverflow:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...-music-library

--
Burton Samograd

OKB (not okblacke)

Thomas Jollans wrote:

> On Wednesday 22 September 2010, it occurred to OKB (not okblacke)
> to exclaim:
>> I'm looking for an audio library for Python. I googled
>> and found a
>> few, but none of them seem to have a simple way to play a
>> particular sound file from a particular start-time to an end-time.
>> Like, I'd want to load a file and say "Play the section of this
>> file from 10.25 seconds to 11.73 seconds." Is there a library
>> that makes this easy in Python?

> platform?

Windows XP.

--