Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > weird error with python 2.7 installer under windows 7

weird error with python 2.7 installer under windows 7

Robin Becker

A colleague gets this error while testing a bdist wininst installer under
windows 7 professional.

This is on the page where the Post install script output appears. In the upper
part I see

"Postinstall script finished.
Click the Finish button to exit the setup wizard."

In the bottom panel where we normally see output about the created scripts I see
this

"close failed in file object destructor:

Error in sys.excepthook:

Original exception was:"

I have tried the same installer with a Win XP Sp3 machine and it doesn't cause
any problems.

Any ideas?
--
Robin Becker

Martin v. Loewis

> Any ideas?

Try running the postinstall script by hand.

Regards,
Martin