Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: WM works on W-7 :))) JOY!

Re: WM works on W-7 :))) JOY!

Dan C

On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 04:13:55 -0500, Valorie *~~ wrote:

> WM works on W-7 and few hoops had to be jumped through. All the WM
> files from Vista were once again moved under Program Files on W-7. The
> folder name was changed to Windows-Mail instead of Windows Mail. I
> added the - with no spaces. The correct 64-bit msoe dll was added
> removing the 32-bit dll. The correct dll is larger then the 32-bit from
> Vista. Then I created a shortcut (WinMail.exe) to the desktop, clicked
> it and WM opened. That was all it took! Ignore the window that pops up
> telling you you can't add a second or more email addresses. Just add
> them. They'll be thre. Also, make sure to check the language or
> spell checker wont work.
>
> I sure hope this helps others who may not know to replace the msoe dll
> and install it under Programs Files, not PF (x86). No need to tolorate
> WLM if you don't like it.

Good. Hopefully this means you will shut the **** up and go away for a
while, until you dream up your next idiotic question about how to do
simple **** with a computer.

"Bother!" said Pooh, as he inhaled.

John Holmes

Dan C "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 04:13:55 -0500, Valorie *~~ wrote:
>
>> WM works on W-7 and few hoops had to be jumped through. All the WM
>> files from Vista were once again moved under Program Files on W-7. The
>> folder name was changed to Windows-Mail instead of Windows Mail. I
>> added the - with no spaces. The correct 64-bit msoe dll was added
>> removing the 32-bit dll. The correct dll is larger then the 32-bit

from
>> Vista. Then I created a shortcut (WinMail.exe) to the desktop,

clicked
>> it and WM opened. That was all it took! Ignore the window that pops

up
>> telling you you can't add a second or more email addresses. Just add
>> them. They'll be thre. Also, make sure to check the language or
>> spell checker wont work.
>>
>> I sure hope this helps others who may not know to replace the msoe dll
>> and install it under Programs Files, not PF (x86). No need to

tolorate
>> WLM if you don't like it.

> Good. Hopefully this means you will shut the **** up and go away for a
> while, until you dream up your next idiotic question about how to do
> simple **** with a computer.

Something tells me she'll be back soon.

--
<snip>

Bucky Breeder

Dan C <(E-Mail Removed)> via
news(E-Mail Removed):

> Good. Hopefully this means you will shut the **** up
> and go away for a while, until you dream up your next
> idiotic question about how to do simple **** with a
> computer.

OHHHHHHhhhhhh... you're 'posed to use a *computer*?

Now I see....

HTH.

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and everybody
knows the "U" in "UFO" stands for "WTF"!

http://www.boingboing.net/Smoky_The_Nanobot.jpg