Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Caller ID for computer?

Re: Caller ID for computer?

Mike Yetto

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> writes and having writ moves on.
>I have my TV, telephone and internet service all through the same cable company.
>If I'm watching TV and the phone rings, the caller ID comes up on the TV screen.
>Nice feature. I got to wondering if, since I'm in front of the computer a lot
>too, if there's a utility that does the same thing on the computer screen, since
>they're all interconnected. I called the cable company and they don't offer the
>service. But he also told me they can't recommend third party programs or
>utilities. I tried Googling but didn't come up with much. Anyone aware of any
>utility programs that would accomplish this? Thanks.

Time-Warner/Road-Runner offer this service here along with VOIP
phone service. I don't know how it works, or what is required,
and I'm not even remotely interested in finding out. However,
this does indicate that it is possible even if not implemented.

Mike "you already called the cable company, so, no" Yetto
In practice they are not.

John Holmes

Mike Yetto "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> I don't know how it works, or what is required,
> and I'm not even remotely interested in finding out.

And still you bother to reply?

--
<snip>

Can't get function caller if the caller is from a function within a popup window Mark Javascript 2 04-03-2004 07:57 AM
cisco caller allowed call time Ivana Cisco 1 03-02-2004 02:35 PM
caller / callee graph ... jai hanuman ASP .Net 0 12-16-2003 03:34 PM
CCM caller id JS Cisco 0 10-23-2003 05:05 PM
Caller Id and win32::serial robb Perl 1 10-14-2003 07:42 PM

Advertisments