Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Caller ID for computer?

Re: Caller ID for computer?

The Real Truth MVP

I use MagicJack.

*WARNING* Please Do NOT follow any advice given by the Trolls listed
below. Trolls CAN NOT help you. They latch on to my posts like leeches.
David H Lipman, Peter Foldes, Barry Schwarz, PA Bear, Leythos.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have my TV, telephone and internet service all through the same cable
>company.
> If I'm watching TV and the phone rings, the caller ID comes up on the TV
> screen.
> Nice feature. I got to wondering if, since I'm in front of the computer a
> lot
> too, if there's a utility that does the same thing on the computer screen,
> since
> they're all interconnected. I called the cable company and they don't
> offer the
> service. But he also told me they can't recommend third party programs or
> utilities. I tried Googling but didn't come up with much. Anyone aware of
> any
> utility programs that would accomplish this? Thanks.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

The Real Truth MVP wrote:

> I use MagicJack.

...which of course has nothing to do with "CallerID on PC" from a
cable/digital phone system.

--
The Real Truth: http://www.google.com/search?q=pcbutts1+software+thief
They do NOT have the expertise or knowledge to fix your issue. Do not

The Real Truth MVP

Yes it does you dumbass, please don't comment on posts you know nothing
about.

*WARNING* Please Do NOT follow any advice given by the Trolls listed
below. Trolls CAN NOT help you. They latch on to my posts like leeches.
David H Lipman, Peter Foldes, Barry Schwarz, PA Bear, Leythos.

news:i78vvn$blk$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...

The Real Truth MVP wrote:

> Yes it does you dumbass, please don't comment on posts you know
> nothing about.

You see ... I have cable digital phone with CallerID on TV .. and the
company is advertising a lot to add CallerID on PC. So, I obviously know
more about it than you do.

Explain how, when the OP said "I have my TV, telephone and internet
service all through the same cable company" and he wants the same
CallerID on PC that he already has with CallerID on TV.

How is magicjack going to put his cable digital calls on his PC?

--
The Real Truth: http://www.google.com/search?q=pcbutts1+software+thief
They do NOT have the expertise or knowledge to fix your issue. Do not
waste your time.
PCButtface1, The Not-Real Truth Not-an-MVP, fake-ms-mvp.org

Bucky Breeder

The Real Truth MVP <(E-Mail Removed)> via
news:i78v5n$a23$(E-Mail Removed):

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> I have my TV, telephone and internet service all through
>> the same cable company. If I'm watching TV and the phone
>> rings, the caller ID comes up on the TV screen. Nice
>> feature. I got to wondering if, since I'm in front of
>> the computer a lot too, if there's a utility that does
>> the same thing on the computer screen, since they're all
>> interconnected. I called the cable company and they don't
>> offer the service. But he also told me they can't
>> recommend third party programs or utilities. I tried
>> Googling but didn't come up with much. Anyone aware of
>> any utility programs that would accomplish this? Thanks.

> I use MagicJack.

I use MagicJack to trim my hedges *and* balance my checkbooks.

HTH.

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and this free speech message
was transmitted through the Draconian censorship blockades!

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20015629-71.html

http://www.boingboing.net/Smoky_The_Nanobot.jpg

Can't get function caller if the caller is from a function within a popup window Mark Javascript 2 04-03-2004 07:57 AM
cisco caller allowed call time Ivana Cisco 1 03-02-2004 02:35 PM
caller / callee graph ... jai hanuman ASP .Net 0 12-16-2003 03:34 PM
CCM caller id JS Cisco 0 10-23-2003 05:05 PM
Caller Id and win32::serial robb Perl 1 10-14-2003 07:42 PM

Advertisments