Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Something beautiful

Something beautiful

joevan

richard

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 17:45:30 -0400, joevan wrote:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qecULT01iE

I have a sneakin hunch that the show will never give a child the top
honors. There was some speculation that the girl was actually lip singing.
But this is what happens when you've had excellent voice lessons. Your
voice takes on a whole new dimension.

Consider Jim Nabors and his singing voice. Totally different from his
natural voice. Or that of Rick "disco duck" Dees.

had the girl been about 6 or 8 years older, she might have won.
wonder what her prize was for runner up?

chuckcar

richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:14d2j5fioc2vv$.36t7hgjxpg4b$(E-Mail Removed):

> On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 17:45:30 -0400, joevan wrote:
>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qecULT01iE

> I have a sneakin hunch that the show will never give a child the top
> honors. There was some speculation that the girl was actually lip
> singing. But this is what happens when you've had excellent voice
> lessons. Your voice takes on a whole new dimension.
>
> Consider Jim Nabors and his singing voice. Totally different from his
> natural voice. Or that of Rick "disco duck" Dees.

Big deal. He could imiate donald duck. I knew kids in elementary school
that could do *that*. Jim Nabours just had professional singing lessons
before he became famous. Just like Christopher Walken and dancing.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Zu Arsschlaark!

"joevan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qecULT01iE

*covers ears*

OldGringo38

On 9/20/2010 4:45 PM Just to please that super-ego, joevan wrote the
following tidbit of information:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qecULT01iE

Thanks for sharing, the little girl is terrific, and Sarah Brightman I
fell in love with at the Olympics In Spain.
I couldn't get her to listen to reason however. <g>

--
OldGringo38
Just West Of Nowhere

Mike Yetto

OldGringo38 <(E-Mail Removed)> writes and having writ moves on.
>On 9/20/2010 4:45 PM Just to please that super-ego, joevan wrote the
>following tidbit of information:
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qecULT01iE

>Thanks for sharing, the little girl is terrific, and Sarah Brightman I
>fell in love with at the Olympics In Spain.
>I couldn't get her to listen to reason however. <g>

But everyone else could.

Mike "ba-dump-bump" Yetto
In practice they are not.

OldGringo38

On 9/21/2010 7:13 AM Just to please that super-ego, Mike Yetto wrote the
following tidbit of information:
> OldGringo38<(E-Mail Removed)> writes and having writ moves on.
>> On 9/20/2010 4:45 PM Just to please that super-ego, joevan wrote the
>> following tidbit of information:
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qecULT01iE

>> Thanks for sharing, the little girl is terrific, and Sarah Brightman I
>> fell in love with at the Olympics In Spain.
>> I couldn't get her to listen to reason however.<g>

> But everyone else could.
>
> Mike "ba-dump-bump" Yetto

<g> Be Nice. The woman has a beautiful voice and is a knockout as well.

--
OldGringo38
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

Mike Yetto

OldGringo38 <(E-Mail Removed)> writes and having writ moves on.
>On 9/21/2010 7:13 AM Just to please that super-ego, Mike Yetto wrote the
>following tidbit of information:
>> OldGringo38<(E-Mail Removed)> writes and having writ moves on.
>>> On 9/20/2010 4:45 PM Just to please that super-ego, joevan wrote the
>>> following tidbit of information:

>>> Thanks for sharing, the little girl is terrific, and Sarah Brightman I
>>> fell in love with at the Olympics In Spain.
>>> I couldn't get her to listen to reason however.<g>

>> But everyone else could.
>>
>> Mike "ba-dump-bump" Yetto

><g> Be Nice. The woman has a beautiful voice and is a knockout as well.

In case you missed it I was alluding to the fact that she
listened everyone else's reason and ignored yours.

Mike "meaning no disrespect to Ms. Brightman" Yetto
In practice they are not.

OldGringo38

On 9/21/2010 12:01 PM Just to please that super-ego, Mike Yetto wrote
the following tidbit of information:
> OldGringo38<(E-Mail Removed)> writes and having writ moves on.
>> On 9/21/2010 7:13 AM Just to please that super-ego, Mike Yetto wrote the
>> following tidbit of information:
>>> OldGringo38<(E-Mail Removed)> writes and having writ moves on.

>>> But everyone else could.
>>>
>>> Mike "ba-dump-bump" Yetto

>> <g> Be Nice. The woman has a beautiful voice and is a knockout as well.

> In case you missed it I was alluding to the fact that she
> listened everyone else's reason and ignored yours.
>
> Mike "meaning no disrespect to Ms. Brightman" Yetto

That's why I said Be Nice. You are looking for discrepancies that are
not there. My only option is to consider the source.

--
OldGringo38
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

Mike Yetto

OldGringo38 <(E-Mail Removed)> writes and having writ moves on.
>On 9/21/2010 12:01 PM Just to please that super-ego, Mike Yetto wrote
>the following tidbit of information:
>> OldGringo38<(E-Mail Removed)> writes and having writ moves on.
>>> On 9/21/2010 7:13 AM Just to please that super-ego, Mike Yetto wrote the
>>> following tidbit of information:

>>> <g> Be Nice. The woman has a beautiful voice and is a knockout as well.

>> In case you missed it I was alluding to the fact that she
>> listened everyone else's reason and ignored yours.
>>
>> Mike "meaning no disrespect to Ms. Brightman" Yetto

>That's why I said Be Nice. You are looking for discrepancies that are
>not there. My only option is to consider the source.

One* of us (tinu) seems to have missed it once again, ie. she
listened to everyone else's reason by ignoring yours.

Well, that _bon mot_ has been thoroughly drained of its
cleverness.

*Me? Really?

Mike "being a wise-ass shouldn't be this difficult" Yetto
In practice they are not.