Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Touble installing Yamicsoft Vista Manager

Touble installing Yamicsoft Vista Manager

digger odell

More often than not, program installations hang up indefinitely. I
thought Vista Manager 4.0.0.4 might help to resolve this issue but I
can't even install it. Presumably I need to disable any firewall and
all anti-malware protections. Or am I missing an important piece of
the puzzle?

thanks....digger

richard

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 14:36:38 -0700 (PDT), digger odell wrote:

> More often than not, program installations hang up indefinitely. I
> thought Vista Manager 4.0.0.4 might help to resolve this issue but I
> can't even install it. Presumably I need to disable any firewall and
> all anti-malware protections. Or am I missing an important piece of
> the puzzle?
>
> thanks....digger

Some times that is what you must do. As the firewall/antivirus stuff might
see it as a harmful intrusion.

chuckcar

digger odell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> More often than not, program installations hang up indefinitely. I
> thought Vista Manager 4.0.0.4 might help to resolve this issue but I
> can't even install it. Presumably I need to disable any firewall and
> all anti-malware protections. Or am I missing an important piece of
> the puzzle?

The readme file?

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

digger odell

On Sep 20, 7:24*pm, chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> digger odell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote innews:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > More often than not, program installations hang up indefinitely. *I
> > thought Vista Manager 4.0.0.4 might help to resolve this issue but I
> > can't even install it. *Presumably I need to disable any firewall and
> > all anti-malware protections. *Or am I missing an important piece of
> > the puzzle?

> The readme file?
>
> --
> (setq (chuck nil) *car(chuck) )

No installation, no readme file ...
Update: after disabling the Vista firewall AND all active A/V crap,
I'm still unable to install Vista Manager.... even in the C:/
directory!!!! 'Tis a puzzle.

digger