Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Re: ........... landline on a mobile

Re: ........... landline on a mobile

Steve Terry

"Information" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> whats this ... is it any good ?
> any cheaper alternatives
> http://www.gradwell.com/mobile

You can set up free UK and international landline numbers
to Skype with www.ring2skype.com

and then use a Skype phone to receive them, Three offers
free Skype.

I have two London, a 0161 Manchester and a 646 Manhatten New York
number pointing to my Three Skype S2 phone.

(I don't think ring2skype offer 0161 anymore)

Steve Terry
--
"I would like to plead for my right to investigate natural phenomena
without having guns pointed at me.

Steve Terry

"Information" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> You can set up free UK and international landline numbers
>> to Skype with www.ring2skype.com

> Nice idea until ............
>
> "1. On Friday Skype decided to block our user ring2skype.net leaving us
> unable to connect your calls. We tried to solve the issue right away,
> and by Friday evening another user was set up.
> "

If ring2skype is down, callers can still call your Skype phone direct,
it will cost them normal mobile rates to make the call.

Steve Terry
--
"I would like to plead for my right to investigate natural phenomena
without having guns pointed at me.
I also ask for the right to be wrong without being hanged for it."
- Wilhelm Reich, November 1947

Steve Terry

"Graham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:i80ape$bfg$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Nice idea until ............
>>>
>>> "1. On Friday Skype decided to block our user ring2skype.net leaving us
>>> unable to connect your calls. We tried to solve the issue right away,
>>> and by Friday evening another user was set up.
>>> "

>> If ring2skype is down, callers can still call your Skype phone direct,
>> it will cost them normal mobile rates to make the call.

> I better not mention here the Skype ID I use for my gateway then:
>
> Pitty I could never get Ring2Skype to ring a Skypephone S2, I never
> worked out why, but I suspect it wasn't presenting the call long enough
> for the S2 to respond. I think it left a missed call message though.
> Graham.

Which software version of Skype do you have on your S2?

I have no trouble at all with both of my S2's, my Nokia 6120c on the
other hand insists on disconnecting from Three Skype at least once a day

Steve Terry
--

"jonphred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsp.vjuryorba3wce4@silverdell...
> On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 20:28:57 +0100, Steve Terry <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
> <snip>
>
>> If ring2skype is down, callers can still call your Skype phone direct,
>> it will cost them normal mobile rates to make the call.
>>

> <snip>
>
> Sounds like another reason to port in a number originally from another
> network so as to benefit BT landline users wishing to call you.
> JonPhred

I tend to port in Tesco Mobile numbers, same landline call rate as O2.
Tesco Mobile free sims easy to get and get Tesco CS to port

Steve Terry