Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Read HTML code into c# program, store in string

Read HTML code into c# program, store in string

amitM

Hi

Probably this is very silly and simple question

We are writing code to read varous HTML files (different pages of
book) and display on our webform.

The individual HTML files look good (outside my program) but when I
read the HTML code and assign it to a string the special characters
like (',\) are replaced by small boxes. even the extra spaces are
replaced by small boxes.

How can I read HTML code into application and assign to variable
without being messed up???

Please help

P.S. - The HTML files are generated from word file

Cubaman

On Sep 20, 6:14*pm, amitM <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Probably this is very silly and simple question
>
> We are writing code to read varous HTML files (different pages of
> book) and display on our webform.
>
> The individual HTML files look good (outside my program) but when I
> read the HTML code and assign it to a string the special characters
> like (',\) are replaced by small boxes. even the extra spaces are
> replaced by small boxes.
>
> How can I read HTML code into application and assign to variable
> without being messed up???
>
> Please help
>
> P.S. - The HTML files are generated from word file

Hello:
How do you read the files? Could you post some code? It looks like
you're having problem with the encoding of the file, try using UTF-8
or something different from ASCII encoding.
Best regards.

behdad

On Sep 20, 12:14*pm, amitM <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Probably this is very silly and simple question
>
> We are writing code to read varous HTML files (different pages of
> book) and display on our webform.
>
> The individual HTML files look good (outside my program) but when I
> read the HTML code and assign it to a string the special characters
> like (',\) are replaced by small boxes. even the extra spaces are
> replaced by small boxes.
>
> How can I read HTML code into application and assign to variable
> without being messed up???
>
> Please help
>
> P.S. - The HTML files are generated from word file

Try to read the html text and then inject it to a DIV by javascript