Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Photo recovery software - Recuva

Photo recovery software - Recuva

David J Taylor

Just had to get some pictures back of a card I accidentally formatted.
Used Recuva and got all the images back. It did need the "deep scan"
mode, though.

Recommended!

http://www.piriform.com/recuva

It's free.

Cheers,
David

PA

"David J Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:i770qs$7gr$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> Just had to get some pictures back of a card I accidentally formatted.
> Used Recuva and got all the images back. It did need the "deep scan"
> mode, though.
>
> Recommended!
>
> http://www.piriform.com/recuva
>
> It's free.
>
> Cheers,
> David

Yeah, it's a good bit of software. Surprising what old file names it drags
out of the MFT table too.

ASCII

PA wrote:
>"David J Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:i770qs$7gr$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>> Just had to get some pictures back of a card I accidentally formatted.
>> Used Recuva and got all the images back. It did need the "deep scan"
>> mode, though.
>>
>> Recommended!
>>
>> http://www.piriform.com/recuva
>>
>> It's free.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> David

>Yeah, it's a good bit of software. Surprising what old file names it drags
>out of the MFT table too.

You can use Directory Snoop to purge the MFT
if you want to rid those old names of deleted files.

PA

"ASCII" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:4c9ad5e5.5382640@EDCBIC...
>>Yeah, it's a good bit of software. Surprising what old file names it
>>drags
>>out of the MFT table too.
>>

> You can use Directory Snoop to purge the MFT
> if you want to rid those old names of deleted files.

I'm surprised Piriform haven't added the option to purge the MTF without
doing a freespace wipe in CCleaner yet.

ASCII

PA wrote:
>"ASCII" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:4c9ad5e5.5382640@EDCBIC...
>>>Yeah, it's a good bit of software. Surprising what old file names it
>>>drags
>>>out of the MFT table too.
>>>

>> You can use Directory Snoop to purge the MFT
>> if you want to rid those old names of deleted files.

>I'm surprised Piriform haven't added the option to purge the MTF without
>doing a freespace wipe in CCleaner yet.

Because the CCleaner FSW takes so long, I never use it.
Does it actually overwrite the MFT entries too?
Maybe I'll have to try it. I also use defraggler.

PA

"ASCII" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:4c98dc64.7045671@EDCBIC...
>>> You can use Directory Snoop to purge the MFT
>>> if you want to rid those old names of deleted files.

>>I'm surprised Piriform haven't added the option to purge the MTF without
>>doing a freespace wipe in CCleaner yet.
>>

> Because the CCleaner FSW takes so long, I never use it.
> Does it actually overwrite the MFT entries too?
> Maybe I'll have to try it. I also use defraggler.

Yeah, there's a tick box under Options > Settings, that's un-ticked by
default I think.

Would be good if Piriform also introduced right click file/folder delete, or
maybe allow you to drag and drop files/folders into the "include" window to
add them.

John Turco

David J Taylor wrote:

> Just had to get some pictures back of a card I accidentally formatted.
> Used Recuva and got all the images back. It did need the "deep scan"
> mode, though.
>
> Recommended!
>
> http://www.piriform.com/recuva
>
> It's free.
>
> Cheers,
> David

That's kind of coincidental! For details, see my following message:

"'TestDisk' (6.11.3) Anomaly"

[It was posted on September 25, 2010.]

--
Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>

ziggler081@gmail.com

You can rather try with excellent image recovery software for photo recovery on Windows. If you are looking to get an effective photo recovery tool, just text me out, I can suggest you the tool.